Walking Dead 12/2/12 "Made to Suffer"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rob Helmerichs, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Dec 2, 2012 #1 of 158
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

They sure do go through black guys...Tyrese better watch his back!

Now, I'm a little confused. I'm almost positive that the Guv knows that Andrea and Daryl were part of the same group. Shouldn't he realize that Daryl's presence is going to have an impact on Andrea's thinking?

I'm a little surprised they never did a perimeter sweep of the prison and found that rather gaping hole in their defenses. Unless they went to the 24 school of hard perimeters...

2. Dec 2, 2012 #2 of 158
    Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    I'm not sure the Governor is thinking so clearly.

When he was cradling his daughter and the glass was still sticking out of his eye!?! Eww!

Gotta say, Carl is really stepping up. I do not dislike him this season.

Andrea clearly will find herself in a pickle. She knows Darryl is a good guy. I'm guessing Darryl let himself be caught so he could find his way to Merle. His bad luck that was the moment when the Governor finds out Merle lied to him about Michonne and decides to sacrifice him. Oops, bad timing!

Good thing we got a few new people as we were running out of red shirts. Tough four isn't a lot. Hehe.

The wait until February will be brutal!!

Eta: besides, the Gov has Andrea wrapped around his finger. She'll believe almost anything he says in order to maintain the facade of safety that is Woodbury. He just has to say they were trying to steal and that Merle did it all on his own and she'll probably go along.

3. Dec 2, 2012 #3 of 158
    Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    I actually felt sorry for Michonne when she asked to remain teamed up with Rick. Andrea is being lead around by something besides her brain and Michonne can't reach her.

As much as I despise Murl, I didn't like how the Governor did him. I hope the brothers get out of that pickle.

Little Carl is the man now. I loved how he looked at the mustached pervert Macking on the farmer's daughter. The latter calling Carol a lesbian because of her short hair made me laugh. I think his days are numbered.

We need new good guys so I'm glad the Tyreese character is onboard and has a girlfriend. Too bad the other woman got bit.

Loved Glenn's creativity making a weapon out of a bone.

The Governor should be glad all he lost was an eye.

4. Dec 2, 2012 #4 of 158
    gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Since I've not read the comics, I'm assuming correctly the Gov has an eye patch in the comics? Or is this a departure form the comics?

Never knew about Tyrese 'til today. Nice that Rick's group has some new people.

5. Dec 2, 2012 #5 of 158
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...

Advertisements

Loved the episode, but want to rewatch it to catch all the stuff I missed.

Glen making the weapon out of the walker's arm was awesome! And it was Maggie that used hers. They are a great team.

It was great to see Merle and Daryl in the ring together, but I wish they had said something to each other. I can see how Merle may either turn to Rick's camp or maybe even sacrifice himself so Daryl can get away (that is pure my own thinking no spoiler knowledge there).

I like that both Andrea and Michonne now know what was hidden in the Gov's room (oh and the scientist guy too (if he didn't know before). The glass in the eye was great!

One thing I will say for this show...I WHIZ thru the commercials. I mean, beep, beep, beep, beep...I am thru them. No pottie or snack breaks. It keeps me on the edge of my seat wanting more.

6. Dec 2, 2012 #6 of 158
    mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Governor needed a scape goat but I am torn if Merle deserved to be it.

I kinda thought this is what they were setting up a war between the two camps. Should be interesting come February.

7. Dec 3, 2012 #7 of 158
    SocratesJohnson

SocratesJohnson New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bedford, TX
    I guess there's just a limit on how far you can go on cable tv, but the Governor seems pretty tame compared to the comic version.

8. Dec 3, 2012 #8 of 158
    JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    But maybe he just needed some motivation.....and now he has it :up:

9. Dec 3, 2012 #9 of 158
    Roadblock

Roadblock New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Michonne sure handled that fight with the Governor poorly. I get why they did it this way, but it was hard for me to believe she wouldn't have killed him there.

10. Dec 3, 2012 #10 of 158
    Roommate

Roommate New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Remember, Merle swore to the governor that Michonne was dead. Then she shows up, (re)kills his daughter, and stabs him in the eye. Merle obviously lied to him, so as far as he knows Merle *is* working with the group.

11. Dec 3, 2012 #11 of 158
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Except from Andrea, he surely knows "the group" isn't like that...

I think one thing this show suffer from (more than most shows) is that the writers get locked into a certain way of thinking about characters and events, and fail to see how things are going to look for the audience. As a result, sometimes motivations get muddled.

That said, I will say that regardless of any problems, I do like this show, and more this season than in the past.

12. Dec 3, 2012 #12 of 158
    Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    I have a different theory about Merle.

Yes the Governor is pissed at him, but when they caught Daryl, he decided to stage the events in the pit, to set Merle up as the inside man in Rick's camp.

He will allow them to escape, even if it costs him a few more bodies, simply because he doesn't want these neighbors so close. He'll lose his control over some of the citizens of Woodbury if they think they can be safer at the prison.

When the Governor is through using Merle, then he will kill him.

13. Dec 3, 2012 #13 of 158
    dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    I finally got caught up. We watched most of the first season (all except the season finale) just in time for the second season. But then we got busy and never picked it back up.

Until around Thanksgiving - I started watching the second season - and continued on with the third season.

I'm mostly watching it by myself - but I'm not a suspense/horror type - so I frequently scream out loud - driving my family bonkers. I make some one stay up with me when I'm watching it late. Like last night - it was 11 before I was done with it - then I had to watch something "happier" - so we watched Nashville. It was midnight before I went to bed.

Anyway - enjoying the show. Daryl and Carol are two of my favorite. I loved the lesbian exchange. I was completely over Shane and cheered when he died. I didn't have as much hate for Lori - so sorry to see her go.

I noticed last night when they were talking about the baby's formula they said they had enough for "another month". I thought that baby was probably less than a week old.

Time is all fluxy in Zombie land... Which - I notice they have never called them "zombies" - each group seems to have their own name for them - walkers, biters - seems there was another name...

14. Dec 3, 2012 #14 of 158
    MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Pretty sure that Hershall said "a month's worth" not "another"

I thought Carl was a little too gung-ho about trying to get more formula. Give your Dad and gang a week to get back at the longest, not just 1 day!!!

Love that Cutty from The Wire is on the show now :)

15. Dec 3, 2012 #15 of 158
    BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    dthmj, I'm the same way. Walking Dead can not be the last thing I watch before going to bed. Normally I watch Homeland afterwards. Once when I realized it was too late to watch walking dead and then something else after, I put off walking dead until the next day.

Can't go to bed with zombies on the brain!

16. Dec 3, 2012 #16 of 158
    Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    This clicks with me. It also accounts for Müel's reaction. He might be in agreement with that plan and Daryl is like, "I hope I can talk some sense into my crazy brother. "

17. Dec 3, 2012 #17 of 158
    BrettStah

BrettStah Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2000
    San Antonio
    You both must have missed the governor talking to Merle there in the pit, just loud enough for Merle to hear him - something like, "You wanted your brother, well now you have him!".

18. Dec 3, 2012 #18 of 158
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Homeland may be as bad. I usually watch The Simpson's after Walking Dead.

19. Dec 3, 2012 #19 of 158
    fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Black male on Walking Dead = walking dead.

20. Dec 3, 2012 #20 of 158
    Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    The sad thing is, when a black male actor on the show sees a new black male actor brought on set, they now know to update their resume.