VZ FiOS Metro DC Guide deleted FOX 5 DC (WTTG)

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by RossoNeri, Nov 16, 2016.

1. RossoNeri

RossoNeri Tech Geek

Nov 26, 2005
    Herndon, VA

Advertisements

I received a message that channel 505 on FiOS in Metro DC deleted Channel 505 (Fox 5 HD). Signal is fine and I can watch it but there's no guide data. Forced reconnect to TiVo service but didn't correct the guide data. Looks like manual recordings for me...

I'm assuming this is an issue with bad guide data and is affecting all VZ FiOS subs in metro DC.

Any thoughts? Or am I screwed until the guide is fixed?

Cheers.

2. ktm1977

ktm1977 New Member

May 4, 2005
    Same here.

They also deleted Fox Richmond (WRLH) a few weeks ago. That signal is also still there.

3. Bojangling

Bojangling Member

Nov 28, 2003
    No. VA
    I didn't get the delete message, but all 505 guide data says "To be announced."

This seems to even affect the buffer and basically makes the channel a "live" watch only.

4. iKryten

iKryten New Member

Sep 19, 2013
    Bethesda, MD
    Yup, I also lost WTTG. I went to tvguide.com and selected the local FIOS provider and their listings are also missing 505. I guess they also rely on Rovi. I never had so many EPG problems until Rovi came along.

Expat likes this.
  5. thyname

thyname Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2010
    N. Virginia

Advertisements

So let's all report it to Tivo. It is not going to fix itself

Expat likes this.
  6. iKryten

iKryten New Member

Sep 19, 2013
    Bethesda, MD
    I went to the Tivo support page but it's "down for maintenance". So I just sent a tweet to @tivosupport.

7. nolaquen

nolaquen New Member

Oct 12, 2016
    I called Tivo last night about it, and was told it was an issue with the data Verizon was sending them. Didn't have time to deal w/ Verizon, but plan on it today.

8. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    The buffer issue is a separate problem seemingly on Verizon's end (there are a couple of other threads on that issue already).

Scott

9. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I see one of my Bolts is missing 505 today. But the other Bolt and my Roamio Pro still have 505 in the guide.

I see my 505 shows were recorded yesterday. But not sure about future ones.

10. Snoopy5512

Snoopy5512 New Member

Nov 17, 2016
    Any updates?? For about a week we had been having recording issues on 505 and just got the deleted 505 message. The channel works but no info on guide not did it show there. So annoyed.

Expat likes this.
  11. Expat

Expat Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Spotsylvania VA
    Same here, also missing 516 WTVR Richmond.
    Never a problem until guide provider changed.

After a long holdt time, spoke with pleasant rep who took details and stated it would be a few days. Also admitted it was TiVo problem not VZ. The more people that complain the better.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  12. natallica

natallica Member

Jan 10, 2005
    Fairfax, VA
    This is totally a TiVo issue and just one of the many since the switch to Rovi.

I am in Fairfax, VA and have the same problem. Channel 5 still shows Fox program data for the SD channel. 505 was deleted by a TiVo update this week. I was able to add the channel again using the TiVo settings, but all program data says "To Be Announced."

I reported the issue to TiVo, but based on previous reports of channel issues recently I don't expect it to be fixed for a week or two. In the meantime, all Fox OnePasses are broken.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Please report this issue to TiVo if you haven't already as it's the only way they'll actually speed up the process to fix their crappy program/lineup data.

RossoNeri likes this.
  13. ktm1977

ktm1977 New Member

May 4, 2005
    Fixed for me. Guide data is back and I got a channel change message saying the channel was added. (Even though I had turned it back on when it was deleted.)

Expat and aaronwt like this.
  14. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Thanks. I see the same thing here on the Bolt where it had been removed. I just needed to add 505 back to my favorite channels list.

15. Expat

Expat Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Spotsylvania VA
    Yeh fox is fixed here too, just waiting on 516 now.

16. RossoNeri

RossoNeri Tech Geek

Nov 26, 2005
    Herndon, VA
    Same here. 505 WTTGDT back, but Bolt treating like new channel so no longer in favorites. Odd that it remained in favorites when deleted. You'd think TiVo would remove "deleted" channels from favorites.

Fortunately I don't watch much on Fox so I didn't miss any 1P's.

Thanks, all, glad it wasn't just me. Yet another problem since the Rovi guide conversion....

17. DBLClick

DBLClick Member

Aug 20, 2007
    is anyone having recording issues with fox 5dc and the guide. It appears that I no longer can record a full episode of anything. You end up with a partial version.

18. CurtisG

CurtisG Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Reston, VA
    Yes- I am (live in Fairfax County).
    Really not clear if this is a TiVO or a FIOS issue anymore.

19. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Whatever the cause it's not consistent. Since neither of my Bolts or my ROamio Pro is having issues with recording/playing back anything from 505.

20. the_titan

the_titan New Member

Dec 25, 2015
    I have been having the issue for about two weeks. First off, it was shortening recordings by a few minutes or showing me only one minute and change was recorded. If I went to watch one of the shortened recordings, it would play ok for the captured part until I tried to fast forward and it would then skip to the very end regardless of length.
    Then came the guide issue where it deleted 505... I manually added the channel back but was missing the guide data like everyone else. I redid the entire guided setup - using FiOS Silver Spring since it's the only local option - and it brought back 505 and the guide data. This could be coincidence since TiVo seems to have fixed the problem, or this may have been the fix for it. Either way, I have 505 back with guide data, but the recordings from last night (Family Guy, Last Man on Earth, etc) were all truncated to a minute.

Expat likes this.