Vudu App on Edge

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by srazook, Oct 11, 2019.

1. srazook

srazook New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I'm curious why the Vudu app isn't available on Edge yet. Is the Edge hardware or software that much different than previous TiVo’s. Are they rebuilding the app from scratch?

2. buildersboy66

buildersboy66 Active Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Florida
    Ted said about 1 month or so it will be back.

DaNi Ka likes this.
  3. Nov 5, 2019 #3 of 10
    srazook

srazook New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Any update when the Vudu app will be working on the Edge?

CZBrat likes this.
  4. Nov 6, 2019 #4 of 10
    Wigohwt

Wigohwt Member

Jun 9, 2019
    Your header is a bit deceiving. I took it as an announcement. :)

5. CZBrat

CZBrat New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Wondering if there is an update about Vudu and Disney Plus. Tivo is becoming irrelevant if it doesn't support more apps soon.

6. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Disney Plus is never going to happen

7. srazook

srazook New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Is there an update when Vudu will be supported on TiVo Edge? Vudu is in all the Edge advertisement, but still no working app.

8. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Vudu is everywhere. Hard to believe it is not on the Edge.

9. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    They did announce that the next Mini would run Android TV, so it will essentially be a streaming device with a TiVo UI. If they pull it off well then maybe the TiVo itself just becomes a headless recorder and we just use the new Mini everywhere as the main streamer.

They also announced back at the beginning of the year they were working on apps that will essentially run like the Mini but on 3rd party devices like Roku, Apple TV, etc... but so far those haven't materialized even though they were promised for Q3. :(

10. Fugacity

Fugacity Member

Oct 1, 2004
    In troubleshooting netflix/dolby vision issues with my tv/tivo the other day I found a reproducible issue where if I set my video resolution to 4k/60fps and 1080i (for my cable connection, it just looks better this way) and turn HDR on, netflix will start with messed up colors 100 percent of the time, then netflix will properly passthru dolby vision. If i exit out of netflix while watching something with dolby vision the entire GUI interface of the tivo is gone. I can only watch live TV, if i hit guide, or try to pull up settings the picture gets small and goes to the right but all menus are gone and its just black until i reboot the TiVo.

They changed some things with the edge and HDR so my guess is the vudu app does something just as horrible but even if you have your display set to 4k 60fps (if i set mine to 4k 60fps with HDR auto my input on my TV crashes about 95 percent of the time so support gets to blame my TV instead). So its probably a good idea that someone is redoing the vudu app, this probably requires a decent amount of re certifications as well. But yeah it would be nice to have it back.