VSHD Causing Tivo (11.0d) to reboot

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jaj2276, Jul 3, 2009.

1. jaj2276

jaj2276 Member

Dec 25, 2007

Advertisements

TivoHD (stock) running 11.0d. A day or two ago, I was watching the Lance Armstrong series on VSHD. No problems. Tonight I see that it's on again (it has different stages from the Tour de France) so I select it (i'm looking at the guide, highlight the channel, and hit select) and the Tivo reboots. It's completely repeatable. Even if I channel-up to the channel (as opposed to selecting it in the guide), it continues to reboot. Comcast in SC, two S-cards.

Anyone have any ideas (or any thoughts on how to report this stuff to Tivo engineers)? This kind of sucks because the Tour starts tomorrow. I haven't had any problems with the Tivo until this particular release.

2. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    Yes.

First, I would call TiVo and report the problem to get it on the record. Then click here to send a pm to TivoJerry. Mention 11.0d in the subject, describe the problem in detail, and be sure to include your TiVo Service number. TivoJerry can temporarily enable logging on your box so detailed information on the event is sent for analysis.

Don't expect a response until Monday.

3. jaj2276

jaj2276 Member

Dec 25, 2007
    Ok, sent TivoJerry a PM. This morning one of my Tivos was in a constant reboot because it was trying to record something on VSHD. I had to take both cable cards out, let it come up and cancel out the recordings I setup, and then put them back in. Annoying to say the least, but hopefully I can help Tivo figure out if the issue is related to 11.0d at least.

4. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Me bad, but what is VSHD ?

5. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008

Advertisements

Versus Channel (formerly known as "Outdoor Life") in Hi-Def