VOX Remote with g1 Mini on Gen3

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by chicagoenergy, Jan 8, 2018.

1. chicagoenergy

chicagoenergy energychicago

Nov 14, 2013
    Chicago

Advertisements

I just downgraded from Hydra. It’s horrible. I have a g1 Mini with the Bluetooth dongle VOX remote. I know I can’t use voice commands. However, is it not possible to link the remote via Bluetooth on the old interface? The remote works in IR mode but there’s no link to pair the remote in the menu.

I was able to link a different VOX remote with the Roamio Pro and another with the Roamio OTA just fine. The option to pair the remote was there.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Bottom line: without a dongle (Hydra only) a G1 Mini is IR only.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    It sounds like the OP has the dongle. But I believe they may need to initiate the pairing via the dongle, rather than the UI. (Would need to research to confirm.)

edit: Nope, should be pairable via the UI, per the setup doc (PDF). OP may want to put the remote into IR mode and 1) clear any past pairings from the DVR using the 221-Clear sequence, and 2) perform a global reset on the remote.

edit2: I may have to lug my Vox Remote over to mom's and try it on her v1 Minis.

JoeKustra likes this.
  4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Oops. Reading too fast again. :oops:

krkaufman likes this.
  5. chicagoenergy

chicagoenergy energychicago

Nov 14, 2013
    Chicago

Advertisements

Yes, I have the dongle. The remote worked in BT mode when I had Hydra. I recently downgraded back to gen3 (Encore?).

The “remote control pairing” option which is listed under the remote control setup menu is missing in the Mini. It is on both Roamio units and the remotes paired after doing several remote resets.

krkaufman likes this.