1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOX remote - Volume button issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by JoeDat, Mar 13, 2018.

1. JoeDat

JoeDat New Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Just got my hands on a VOX remote. Weird issue with the volume button, which is programmed for my A/V system. Occasionally, the remote doesn't appear to send the volume command (up or down) the first time. I don't suspect it's my A/V system (worked fine on my original remote that came with my Bolt). I noticed that when this happens, the remote LED will quickly flash amber 3 times. Usually, the next volume button press will send the signal, flashing the LED amber once. This usually works fine for a while, but leaving the volume button alone for a while causes it to occur again a short time later. The remote LED behavior is convincing me the problem lies with the remote. I've tried resetting and reprogramming the remote from scratch a few times, but to no avail. All other buttons operate normally.

I searched the forums, but I don't see this previously mentioned? Any idea...or do I just have a bum remote?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Hold Tivo + Power and enter the AV remote code.

3. JoeDat

JoeDat New Member

Mar 13, 2018
    No dice. I had done that previously so my AV and TV would respond to the Power button. I just tried it again, tested the power button to make sure everything turned off/on. Tried the volume as soon as it was back up, and it did the same thing.