Volume control problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Chuck Theobald, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Chuck Theobald

Chuck Theobald New Member

Dec 4, 2016

Advertisements

Hi All,

I have a Series 3 TiVo with lifetime service and am controlling an Onkyo TX-SV545 as my amp. Recently, the volume control is being inconsistent in that pressing the volume control may or may not work. Holding the volume buttons down does not change the volume continuously as I would expect - and as used to happen. Sometimes the first press will continuously change the volume, but mostly it is one or two clicks per volume level change.

My phone camera shows the remote's IR emitters producing signal, and the repeater shows this as well. I've tried all codes in the Setup, and the ones listed below work.

Further testing indicates that all press-and-hold functions (scrolling through Now Playing, for instance) appear to behave in a similar manner. It seems that eventually, a press-and-hold signal gets garbled and no longer continuously scrolls.

2. Chuck Theobald

Chuck Theobald New Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Okay, so in my latest *doh!* moment I listened to my wife and changed out the batteries. Problem solved! The old batteries were down to 1.39 and 1.36 volts, apparently not enough for the little peanut.

Yeah, I tend to look for the most complicated cause first...