VOIP-Got it to dial in!!!!!

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by BrianCT, Jan 16, 2006.

1. BrianCT

BrianCT New Member

Nov 1, 2003
    Laguna...
    I have been using Voicepulse as my VOIP provider for months, and although its not a big deal, I still wanted it to dial in when it was supposed to.
    Anyway, I was doing some reading on broadbandreports.com, and came across some settings someone was using on a totally different VOIP company. I gave them a shot and it worked the FIRST TIME!!!! Someone else with VOIP please try these settings and see if it worked for you:

Following a tip I saw in another thread so I can't take credit for this - here are the following dial in settings:

Set Dial In Number: (Just choose your local area code or previous local #) it doesn't matter what is in here

Set Dial Prefix: 7039409705,,,,,

Set Call Waiting Prefix: None

Set Tone/Pulse: Tone

Set Phone Available Detect: Off

Set Dial Tone Detector: Off

Post your results here, I hope this works for others as well!

2. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    Be sure to monitor... More often or not, VoIP "tweaks" work for a while, then they stop, and then they work, then they stop, then they work, then they stop,.......

3. BrianCT

BrianCT New Member

Nov 1, 2003
    Laguna...
    Will do, but I had tried about 15 different ways to dial in before and none worked. I was just happy this worked, and worked the first time. Maybe, it will work for others too!

4. jspencer

jspencer New Member

Dec 23, 2001
    Orlando FL
    I agree. What works today may not work tommorrow, And different things work depending on your VOIP provider. I have Callvantage and everything worked like a charm until I bought a different VOIP gateway that had a wirless router built in. Now nothing works LOL

5. tbenz345

tbenz345 New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Denver
    Thanks for the workaround phone number. I had to do an erase everything last night, and have not been able to finish the setup since due to VoIP problems. It took a couple of tries, but worked just fine!

Thanks!!!

6. gerryh

gerryh New Member

Feb 4, 2006
    To the original poster: you don't say whether you have a Series 1 or Series 2 box. I assume it's Series 2. I don't think much of anything will work for my Series 1 anymore (mine was OK with VOIP for about 5 months). I'm completely disgusted at this point. It's all crap.