Voice Control With Apps

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Lancer033, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Lancer033

Lancer033 New Member

Sep 4, 2017
    BLUF: Does anyone know how to add commands for TiVo Apps to a Harmony Remote?

Here's my setup now:

-Tivo Bolt Vox
    -Harmony Elite Remote
    -Google Home

I've also got a receiver and Blu Ray Player, but that shouldn't matter here. I've got the Harmony remote working with Google Home so i can say "okay google, turn on the Tivo" and the Tv, TiVo and Receiver turn on to the right inputs and i have a bunch of favorite channels set so i can say "Change the channel to ESPN" and it will. What I'd like to do is duplicate the Voice control functions of the remote with google home (assuming through the Harmony remote) so i can open the Apps without having to pick up the remote ("Okay Google, Open Netflix"). I can do it if i could add the Tivo command to the Harmony Remote, but it doesn't seem to be included. However, since there is a Netflix button on the Vox remote, i'm assuming there is at least one for netflix, but i would like to do the same for Amazon, Hulu, YouTube and HBOGo if possible.

2. xberk

xberk Member

Dec 3, 2011
    >>I can do it if i could add the Tivo command to the Harmony Remote, but it doesn't seem to be included.

What's not included?

3. Lancer033

Lancer033 New Member

Sep 4, 2017
    when i added the TiVo as a device in the Harmony App it came with a list of remote commands that i could use to create an activity. What i'm looking for is to add a command to open netflix, Hulu, amazon, ect.
    IMG_0818.png

4. northrk

northrk Member

Feb 19, 2002
    Chino Hills, CA
    I use the Home Shortcuts. From the Home screen, press the A button to customize the list to include the app you want to set up the Harmony activity to use. Only buttons 5-8 are available. From example, setup button 5 to launch Hulu.

Now setup the Hamony activity to press the Tivo button followed with pressing the number you assigned. In the example, pressing Tivo then 5 would Launch Hulu.

Lancer033 likes this.
  5. Lancer033

Lancer033 New Member

Sep 4, 2017
    That's the trick, I had the shortcuts added to my home screen already, but didn't know you could open them by just pressing the #

6. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Also, you might be able to switch the model you've currently added to the Harmony with a model that includes the Netflix Button. Or just an additional device.

I've also had good results with calling Harmony Customer Service and getting them to add commands from other 'models' in to my currently setup model.

I'm not sure what all commands are available besides Netflix, though...

-KP