VoD Garbled Sound Without Reboot

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by jeepguy_1980, Jun 29, 2010.

1. jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980 Unregistered User

Mar 1, 2008
    Newport...

Advertisements

I've had my Series 3 for about 2 1/2 years now. I replaced the HD almost instantly after I got and haven't done anything to it in a long time. Starting late last week my VoD functions have been weird.

The files were (at least once) slow to download (i.e. 30+ minutes to download a 4 minute clip). I have a 25/25Mbps connections and my TiVo is hardwired to a gigabit network. I am able to stream Netflix in HD without any problems.

Playback is the real issue. If I try to watch an already downloaded video, the sound is really garbled. Recorded shows playback just fine. If I try to watch the exact same show after a reboot (without redownloading it), it plays back just fine. edit: I have determined that this is a post Netflix issue. The sound becomes garbled on VoD files only after I watch a Netflix show. I just started a Netflix sub last week.

I have two YouTube videos to better explain. The first is before a reboot and the second is the same file after a reboot of the TiVo.

Does anyone know what I can do to solve this without rebooting every time I want to watch a VoD file?

2. jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980 Unregistered User

Mar 1, 2008
    Newport...
    Would anyone else mind trying to duplicate this with their S3?

Watch Netflix, then watch an HD VOD file. Try something from CNET HD or NASA HD. Let me know if your audio is messed up.

Thanks