Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Jannette Gordon, Aug 12, 2019.
I am unable to locate a remote code that lets me control power/Volume or Input. Please help.
0315, 0351, 0011
None of those work?
Nope, just tried them again.
I've had a couple of Vizios over the last few years and the TiVo remotes all work fine with them.
I would test the remote on a different brand set to see if it controls that one as it should.
0128 didn't work either.
The remote works great on my Sony.
Try code search.
1. Cover the end of the TiVo remote control with your hand.
2. Hold down the TiVo and TV Power buttons simultaneously until the red (or amber) light on the remote control remains on.
3. Remove your hand from the end of the TiVo remote control.
4. Enter code 0999.
5. After you enter the code, the red (or amber) light will flash three times and then remain on.
6. Press Channel Up once every two seconds. This will test hundreds of codes, one by one. Do not go any faster than this or you may skip over a code that works.
If you press Channel Up and your TV turns off, press Enter to select the code. Press the TV Power button to test the code. If your TV turns on, you have successfully programmed the remote.
Is this true TiVo remote or cable furnished TiVo remote? They use completely different tv code losts, codes suggested in this thread are true TiVo remote tv codes, and won't work on cable remotes.
Funny story... I was actually not close enough when trying codes. I got up about two feet and it worked just fine. I know I am an idiot.