Virgin V Box and Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by dchsimpson, Jun 17, 2010.

1. dchsimpson

dchsimpson New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    Stafford

Advertisements

I have just had my old trusty pace stb swapped out for a new virgin vbox (samsung)
    What is the best setup for channel changing?

2. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    If I remember correctly (it's been while since I re-ran GS!) it's either 20016, 20025 or 20045 for the Samsung boxes. Can't remember if there's a way to use Tivoweb to tell me or not! (I'll have a look when it's stopped recoding!)

Edit: Just to confirm, it's code 20045.

3. dchsimpson

dchsimpson New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    Stafford
    Thank you, 20045 seems to work OK. It is the code mentioned for samsung. I will know better when the tivo has changed channel several times by its self!!

4. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    It should be fine. I have a 99% success rate with it, anyway.

5. deshepherd

deshepherd New Member

Nov 30, 2000
    Bristol, UK

Advertisements

Not exactly TiVo related ... but does the new Vbox respond faster to the remote than the old one. We've got a SciAtlanta box where response in the TV-on-demand menus is glacial (hold button for 2-3 secs before you see the "received" light on STB indicate its got the button press ... then wait anywhere between 5-10 secs for the GUI to respond - this include things like scrolling through menus which at 5secs per item takes some time!)

Our STB has just started to occasionally play up (has gone into standby for no apparent reason a couple of times recently) so if Vbox is faster then may well be worth giving VM a call to report a faulty box to see if they'll send a replacement.

6. mikerr

mikerr TiVoCentral.co.uk

Jun 2, 2005
    Lancashire, UK
    My V+ box is *much* faster in on demand menus than my old scientific atlanta dumb box.

I.e. its easy and fast to search iplayer/ondemand by name,
    the below took under 30 seconds:

[​IMG]

Also, try rebooting the box - all cable boxes seem to get slower when they've been on a week or more...

7. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Yes. My Samsung is faster than you describe.