Virgin River - Netflix - Season 2 - spoilers ok

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DouglasPHill, Nov 29, 2020.

1. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Cynical old guy

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO

Advertisements

Exact same post as I posted for season one,
    :thumbsup: +1

2. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    I'm okay with Hope. She's an older woman who has had a lot of unhappiness, strikes out before someone can reject her. That way it is on her terms and not at the mercy of someone else's. I finished episode 8 last night. She mellows a bit more. But man, Charmaine is the one that bothers me the most. She should have gotten the smack down in a hurry. Mel is remaining professional while she is doing her job, so she won't smack down a patient who deserves it for a personal attack. I have several family members who are doctors, and they are very careful to detach when practicing. But good lord that woman is a jerk.

3. Agatha Mystery

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    I have to say, though, the scenery is absolutely gorgeous. Her cabin actually has someone living in it (a park ranger). Jack's bar is a real bar. There were some scenes in one of the episodes that I swear were solely meant to show off the scenery, rather than advance the story. By the end of the episode it made sense, it just seemed weird (mountain biking).

4. DouglasPHill

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Yes, middle age mountain biking wasn't working for me. Pretty much hate Charmaine, selfish bish. Something about Mel is so desirable. Stargate lady good role. I just got to the end of the ep where the Sheriff says he found a body.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  5. Agatha Mystery

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....

Advertisements

Charmaine is delusional, controlling, and downright manipulative. The fact that she would rather act rude to the person who is literally trying to save her pregnancy just shows how evil a woman she is. Being cruel was more important than taking care of her fetus.

6. Agatha Mystery

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Finally watched the last 2 episodes. I'm going to guess that Jack was shot by Jimmy, the dude that works for Calvin and used to be his right hand man until he got supplanted by Brady. Brady suddenly becoming the heir apparent makes no actual sense.

Also, things that make no sense, why would Mel not go with Jack to the bar when he went to cook dinner, and then come in later with a bottle of wine? That just seems weird. Seems like poor writing there.

The whole Lizzy/Ricky thing just annoys the crap out of me. Ricky's grandma is great. Lizzy's aunt is a big old hypocrite. She's all about no sex before marriage but is perfectly fine with trying to help Preacher fabricate an alibi. Ricky is being used/manipulated so badly by Lizzy. I have absolutely nothing good to say about Lizzy. She's like Charmaine pt. 2.

7. DouglasPHill

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Reminds me slightly of Northern Exposure where the characters are often contradictory and no one thinks anything of it.

8. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I am going to go out on a limb and say Charmaine shot him!

Agatha Mystery likes this.
  9. Agatha Mystery

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    I loved Northern Exposure when it was on the air. I don't recall contradictions, but it's been a long time. I haven't watched any DVDs as they don't have all of the original music. The current version has some but not all, so there is some generic music in the background of some scenes rather than what was on the air at KHBR. I wish they would get all the licensing issues straightened out.