Virgin just called...

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by Dicko, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Dicko

Dicko New Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Apparently they are going to let me keep my V+ HD box for no extra charge when I get my Tivo installed :) They'll even relocate it to another room for no charge.

When I asked why, the girl on the phone said it was because I was one of the first to order...

Cynical me thinks it's because the Tivo could be a little unstable and they want to provide an alternative viewing method to reduce complaints! :rolleyes:

2. VirginMediaPhil

VirginMediaPhil New Member

Nov 27, 2009
    UK
    Yep, exact same call around 7pm.

3. Buzby

Buzby VM Tivo & S1 User

Feb 21, 2011
    Scotland
    You pay £5 extra per month (for the extra STB on your account). They did this to me in March... so hardly an innovation.

4. Mimizuku no Lew

Mimizuku no Lew Rattus Sapiens

Jan 3, 2011
    Depends on whether you're just on XL TV or VIP. The VIP packs include an extra STB in the subscription so VM are offering the option to replace a V Box with your V+ Box when you get the TiVo installed. If the extra box is one of the Pace or Samsung boxes then it gets older hardware off the system, and if it's a V HD Box (supposedly compatible with a version of the TiVo software at some point in the future) then it frees it up for other customers while still leaving an HD box in its place.

5. Ernie_C

Ernie_C New Member

Feb 20, 2011
    You have missed the point! What people are advising is that they are being allowed to keep the old box with no multiroom charge. So no £6.50 charge to keep the second box.

6. VirginMediaPhil

VirginMediaPhil New Member

Nov 27, 2009
    UK
    Yep I was told everything will be free, the installation (well, moving it), no charge monthly. Etc.