"Virgin Diaries" on TLC

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jsmeeker, Dec 4, 2011.

1. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    We have a thread in Happy Hour about this show right here, but I figured a thread in TV talk is warranted to discuss the entire show/series and not just one specific clip.

2. Bars & Tone

Bars & Tone Will Draw for Food

Aug 28, 2004
    Massachusetts
    I'm watching it now. It has to be deliberately exaggerated. Even if the guy hasn't kissed before, has he not seen a TV show or a movie or two with kissing scenes in them? Has he not seen people kissing in the world around him??

3. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Which guy? The guy from the couple getting married?

I want to know what's up with the Canadian chicks. They have given no real indication as to WHY they are still virgins. Oh.. and the "reclaimed" thing is total bull crap. She is NOT a virgin.

And the dude Carey? What's up with him telling is date right on the first date he is a virgin? Those Canadian chicks did the same thing.

4. Bars & Tone

Bars & Tone Will Draw for Food

Aug 28, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Yes. I thought those two were trying to swallow each other!

I think that the producers must have prodded these people to reveal their virginity on the first dates. Who would do that otherwise???

5. Jstkiddn

Jstkiddn Shutity up up up

Oct 15, 2003
    True.

People do a lot of things to get on TV. :rolleyes: Jersey Shore comes to mind.

6. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    This was, unintentionally of course, one of the funniest things I've seen recently.

All of these people are socially awkward. Part of the reason for their situation. But the two men just set my gaydar off. The groom especially. He's not into her and obviously does not know what he really wants/needs. The single guy is just confused!

And yes that was the most disturbing kiss I had ever witnessed. Had to watch with my hands in front of my face.

They showed a preview of 'Geek Love'. Airing 12/18. Looks as hilarious as this was.