Viore TV Remote Code

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by nickjen1, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Jan 8, 2007 #1 of 11
    nickjen1

nickjen1 New Member

Dec 14, 2002
    IL.

Advertisements

Hello good Tivo People PLEASE HELP I have a Viore 42" tv model #PDP42V18HA and I can not get the Tivo remote to control the Tv the code in the Tivo setup does not work? I contacted Humax Cutomer Support and they told me to call Viore i have no response from them yet. So I am asking the smartest people I know the Tivo Community.

Thanks For Any Help

2. Jan 9, 2007 #2 of 11
    DeathRider

DeathRider New Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Boston Area RCN
    http://forums.cnet.com/Televisions/5208-7596_102-0.html?forumID=60&threadID=98869&start=60

From Viore:
    From same thread:

So, maybe with a remote that was manufactured after the Viore TV...The new backlit remote looks nice...

Also, some say try the Akai codes...
    http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-one4all/thread.cgi?4532,last

3. Jan 9, 2007 #3 of 11
    mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    I seem to be having the same problem with my SCOTT tv... obviously I shouldn't have bought such an off-brand but it was a "black friday" thing (32" LCD HDTV for 599 after rebates)...But yeah, that's the only annoying thing, that the tivo remote won't work with it

4. bhmjones

bhmjones New Member

May 13, 2010

5. verntina

verntina New Member

Nov 20, 2010

Advertisements

Just had to post. You will see so many can't do its on the Web. But this worked first time. Thanks to another "user". 10702 worked first time on Comcast.

6. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Boone. IA
    the equivalent tivo code to uei code 10702, is 0305.

7. endall

endall New Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Hello,

Just purchased a Viore 24" model LED24VF60 and of course my Charter Cable remote control did not have the Viore brand listed as a TV code but I did get it to work by searching for the code. Look in your remote control's manual and follow the instructions, it DID work work for me--I can control the TV's volume (and mute) and turn it on/off.

For the Charter OCAP 4-Device Remote Control (by Universal Electronics) the procedure for searching for a TV code is as follows:

1. Turn on TV
    2. On the remote, press TV once (TV key blinks once). Then press and hold SET UP until the TV key blinks twice.
    3. Enter 9 9 1 (TV key blinks twice).
    4. Press 1 (TV key blinks twice).
    5. Aim remote at TV and press Power.
    6. Press and release the CH+ key continuously, then stop when TV turns off.
    7. Press Power. The TV should turn on, then press SET UP to lock in the code.

Note: If the TV does not turn on in step 7, then slowly press and release CH- to go back through the codes, then press SET UP when the TV turns on.

Hope this helps!

8. erichcervantez

erichcervantez New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Just found TIVO remote control code for Viore 40" 1080p TV...

Try 0092. Tried the one listed by TIVO (0316) which did not work for me.

9. Ament96

Ament96 New Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Thanks so much for sending this -- it helped me today, many months after you sent it. Did you have any luck changing the source of input? After using the code you sent everything works, but after the input window comes up, I can't change the input. Now that I finally have a dual tivo this won't be much of a problem, but thought I'd ask. Thanks.

10. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Does the original TV remote actually change inputs by pressing its Input/Source button, or just bring up a menu you navigate through? If the former, then TiVo could have a code added in future remote revisions, or you could learn with a Glo. If the latter, not without fundamentally changing how TiVo remotes work.

11. Ament96

Ament96 New Member

Dec 11, 2011
    It just brings up the menu. I thought what you're saying was true, but asked just in case I had missed something. Thanks.