Vikings Season 6b (final half-season) on Prime

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Rob Helmerichs, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

Just a heads-up for those still watching...the entire final half-season of Vikings has dropped on Amazon Prime ahead of its weekly showings on History Channel...

VegasVic likes this.
  2. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    Yeah, the Vikings are history this year. They should join the NFC East.

3. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, since there isn't a "Punch In Face" button, I guess I'll have to settle for...

(But I have to admit, they were a much better team when Ragnar was still in charge...)

4. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea they were going to do this. I’ve enjoyed this show.

5. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table

Advertisements

I’ve watched 8 out of the 10 and have enjoyed it for the most part although it seems to be losing steam as it reaches the finale.

ETA, finished it this morning. I guess the finale was decent, as with most shows there was no “perfect” ending that I can think of. The sequel (set 100 years after this show), started filming recently for Netflix.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  6. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I wonder what it means to be set "100 years after this show," considering this show ranged across centuries (Ragnar's adventures along spanned about 125 years), moving back and forth (the last half-season took place decades before the previous couple of seasons...e.g., King Alfred died before Rollo took over Normandy). ;)

Seriously, though, it looks like it's going to be the Norman Conquest of England, which is interesting for a show called "Vikings" since there were no Vikings by then. But for about a half-century prior to 1066 the rule of England passed back and forth between Anglo-Saxon and Scandinavian kings, so I suspect they'll be compressing all that into one short series of events...

7. dwatt

dwatt Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Other than they moved to Minnesota, Where did all of the Vikings go?

8. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    England. Normandy. Sicily. Ireland. Russia. Etc., etc., etc.

Vikings are only Vikings when they're out raiding. Once they settle down, they become something else. ("Viking" is really just a job title.) By 1066, they had all settled down (and converted to Christianity).

(Reminds me of the joke: Norwegians aren't Vikings. Norwegians are what was left over after all the Vikings had gone away.)

dwatt likes this.
  9. jaj2276

jaj2276 Member

Dec 25, 2007
    Finished the last 10. I wished I had waited to record them on Tivo because watching each episode on QuickMode is way better than in real time.

My comments/questions on each character's finale:

Bjorn Ironside - Surprised his finale came so early in 10 episodes. His character and acting were good so selfishly I would like to have seen him in more episodes.
    Bjorn's first wife (G-something) - Liked her ending. I wonder if she swam "on location" because if she did, that had to be soooo cold.
    Bjorn's witch wife (Ingrid) - Eh, didn't care about her storyline too much.
    King Harald - Not sure how he was able to come back from the battle with Rus/Ivar but then didn't like it at all that he was killed off by basically walking through a battlefield whose battle was already over.
    Ivar - Didn't like how his character became less intense as the season went on. I would have wanted him to die at the hands of one of his brothers.
    Hvitserk - So did he convert because he heard Ivar mentioned he was afraid right before he died but King Alrfred mentioned he was not afraid because JC was with him?
    Ubbe/Floki - I understand why they did this story but I hated how tidy it seemed.