Viewing details of support requests

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by JamesBritt, Aug 9, 2015.

1. JamesBritt

JamesBritt Member

Sep 17, 2014

Advertisements

I have been having trouble with missed recordings. I used the Tivo support page to send them a support request. The next day I got a reply with some dubious "help".

Stupid problem one is that the Tivo support system does not allow you to reply directly via Email. I was instructed to go back to the Tivo support page. I was given a reference number to use.

Stupid problem two is that there are two support items listed, with identical generic titles. Neither of them have the reference number I was given in the email.

If I click on either of the support items there is a form field for adding an update, but zero details about the support request.

I might assume that the item dated yesterday is the request of interest, but the lack of request details is bizarre.

Am I missing something? Maybe I have a browser issue? Is it really the case that the support request page does not provide the details of each support request? Is there another page someplace where I can look at past support issues?

If nothing else I should be able to search saved E-mail for details, but that only works if the emails contain the correct reference number.

One of the items is dated May 2015 and has the Status "Waiting on customer." Absent details I have no idea what they are waiting for.

I just searched my email for the reference number on that ticket, and nothing comes up. Maybe I deleted the mail. Maybe they never gave me the correct reference number.

On a hunch I searched my email for that reference number, minus the last digit. Presto! As with the recent email, the number in what they sent me is different from the number listed on the support page.

This is seriously broken.