View progress bar disappeared

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by dolphinra, Nov 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dolphinra

dolphinra New Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Until about a month ago, each recording had a bar showing how much I have watched the recording, but it's suddenly disappeared since around October 2017, so I feel very inconvenient. Have this happened to everyone?

2. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    I don't remember what the old version looked like, but Hydra has progress bars on every recording.

3. dolphinra

dolphinra New Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Thanks, I may upgrade to the Hydra interface later. Has anyone tried Hydra on Roamio OTA and works well? Is it worth upgrading?

4. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    There are thousands of opinions about it in several threads here. I personally like it a lot better than the old interface on my OTA and Minis. I upgraded all my boxes immediately because I was tired of the old interface. But I will likely never upgrade my 85 y/o Mom's because she could not adapt. If you are the type who is resistant to change, then you should stick with the old one. If you don't mind a more Netflix type of interface with lots of thumbnails, then you will probably like the new one. The biggest sticking point for most is that the live guide is gone, in favor of the grid guide. The new grid guide does show much more information than the old, but still not as much as the live guide. I personally never had much use for the live guide, so the loss doesn't bother me. Plus you can still get the live guide on the phone app. The new version makes it much easier to find something to watch, IMO.

5. keenanSR

keenanSR Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Santa Rosa CA
    Are you talking about on the My Shows list menu page? They're still there in my Roamio Pro. I'm on the current firmware/software, I'm not running the Hydra software.

6. dolphinra

dolphinra New Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Thank you Mdavej for your comments. I will eventually upgrade to Hydra but currently just too busy to do it, so for now I'm looking for a quick fix.

KeenanSR, yes, I'm talking about the bar showing for each episode of recording when I select a show in My Shows. Any suggestions for how I can get the bars back?

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    On my Roamio with 20.7.4, I can only see progress bars in folders and when using the left column and partially watched enabled. I don't remember when it was any different.

8. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    It's a bug in the latest update. You need to refresh the UI.

Thumbs down -> thumbs up -> play -> play

This happens after coming out of Standby.

lyee likes this.
  9. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    On my two Bolts (NO Hydra/NEVER Hydra), the progress bars are still there except for folders where the program names are very long. I have a folder for "Masterpiece", and all those program names are so long that they cannot be totally displayed. It seems that the current software allows the UI to have the long names overwrite the progress bars.

10. msummers

msummers New Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Although this fix worked for me several weeks ago, the problem has returned and it is not working for me now on my Roamio (20.7.4). Any more permanent fixes?

11. dolphinra

dolphinra New Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Thank you, Cherry. I missed your comment on Nov. 12 as I didn't receive email for some reason.
    The progress bar suddenly started to show up about a week ago without doing any actions on my end, so I have no problem now. I suspect this was the issue on the TiVo server.

12. MaxH42

MaxH42 New Member

Apr 8, 2009
    THANK YOU!!!

I can't believe this still isn't fixed! My daughter likes to keep shows after viewing them, so we rely heavily on the Progress Bars to determine when a show is newly recorded, and thus at the top of our list to watch.