VideoReDo Plus Beta with better support for TiVo HD

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by tivoupgrade, Sep 16, 2008.

1. tivoupgrade

tivoupgrade Sponsor

Sep 27, 2000
    Chicago, IL...

Advertisements

Folks,

I've just been made aware of a recent beta release of VideoReDoPlus which is very significant in that it now uses much of the same internal code used with the more expensive (and more feature rich) TVSuite version.

In short, this version should now work fine on TiVo HD units and provides ALL of the same functionality of TVSuite except for the ability to burn DVD's.

Full information on the beta release is available here in the VideoReDo Forums.

The free trial version is available on our site, and as part of our sponsorship here, we are offering the product at a slightly lower price than if you purchase directly from the VideoReDo folks.

Lou

2. JWThiers

JWThiers Smartypants

Apr 12, 2005
    Cocoa, Florida
    I have the TV suite, Its great software. Easy to use, makes editing out commercials a snap.

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    What's wrong with the exisitng suite? I've never had any problems with it from my TiVoHD or Series 3 boxes.
    And I can burn the content to disc without any problems in the VideoReDo suite.

4. JWThiers

JWThiers Smartypants

Apr 12, 2005
    Cocoa, Florida
    Nothing was wrong with the Suite (More expensive) version that I am aware of. Apparently it had/has a different engine for editing than the non suite version and they are upgrading the NON suite version to have the same editing engine. I can't verify that there was a problem with the old base program with THD. I upgraded to the suite version when it first came out when I was still on DirecTV just to get the authoring functionality. It is now my one stop shop to burn Tivo content to DVD.

5. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

Jun 15, 2008

Advertisements

As a long time user of VideoReDo, but a relatively new user of TivoHD, there definitely seems to be issues with the old engine reading files. I can edit SD stuff fine, even if playback stutters in the tool, but HD content is screwed up. It seems to scan for commercials slowly and the sound is completely butchered when I try to play clips.

I've been waiting a year for this update, since Plus hasn't gotten any updates in that time and I have a couple of files which have issues with Plus right now.

Jason

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I've used mine for mostly HD content but I don't edit anything other than choping off the extraneous content at the beginning and ending of the recording.

7. jimbob111

jimbob111 New Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Hinsdale, IL
    is it possible to use this software to edit out commercials of a recording and then place the recording back onto the tivo stb? my wife is interested in this functionality for programs for my daughter. thx for the help!

8. tivoupgrade

tivoupgrade Sponsor

Sep 27, 2000
    Chicago, IL...
    I don't know of any reason you couldn't do that. The software does have a commercial detect feature and there is no reason you cannot create clips and then use TiVo Desktop (or pyTiVo) to serve the content back to your TiVo. You wouldn't need TVSuite to do this (although it should work); VideoReDoPlus should suffice.

And you can use the trial version to run your tests; its fully functional.

9. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Yes as mentioned above you can use VideoRedo or other mpeg editors to edit out commercials and then copy back the shows to your Tivos using Tivo Desktop or better yet pyTivo. I have both VideoRedo and Womble Mpeg Video Wizard. I find Womble quicker and easier to do manual editing so I use it for that purpose, but VideoRedo is fairly quick and easy as well and has batch capabilities and a very useful Quick Stream Fix utility.

10. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Just make sure to request a trial key.
    Your output will be limited if you don't.