Videora

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Zaui, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Zaui

Zaui New Member

Jul 12, 2005

Advertisements

For those using Videora.. at what setting do you use to conver media fileS? I tried 4:3 at8mbps and it came out stretched on my tivo... when i tried 16:9 at 1mbps, it came out with double images.

2. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm having the same problems. I just read one thread that suggested that changing the settings on your TiVo from 4:3 to 16:9 will allow the file to play properly. Since I'm not at home, I can't try it out, but maybe someone else can and report how that works.

What happens to the normal recordings made on the 4:3 TV if they are watched while the TiVo is on the 16:9 setting?

3. Aflat

Aflat Member

Aug 29, 2005
    I was teh one that made the suggestion, and it has worked for every video I have tried. As for regular TV, it still looks normal, I'm assuming the setting on the Tivo is for reading inputs. I don't have a widescreen TV, so I don't know how Tivo plays on a widescreen, and no clue if you need to set that option to play on that widescreens.

4. petew

petew Active Member

Jul 31, 2003
    Pittsburg, CA
    Try using gui2ffmpeg. AFAIK videora uses the ff2mpeg open source libaries to do the conversion, gui2ffmpeg just gives you more control.

5. Zaui

Zaui New Member

Jul 12, 2005

Advertisements

there's a setting on tivo to playback recordings in 4:3 and 16:9 aspect? where could it be sir?

6. aircrewguy

aircrewguy New Member

Jan 8, 2005
    I use 4meg at 192k mp3 and like 90% of the time thats all i need for a hd show. The rest of the time time the audio is like off by a second or so. oh well its free and I can't really complain.

7. rneily

rneily New Member

Jul 15, 2002