Video randomly restarts on its own during pause

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by JOSHSKORN, May 1, 2021.

1. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Active Member

Aug 27, 2015

Advertisements

I'll address the first thought: No, there is no interference. There's only one other user in my house and I have verified that the remote wasn't in use during any incidents.

Basically, I'll pause my Playback and once in awhile, I don't know why...my video will resume by itself. It's not interference, it's not me leaning on the remote accidentally or anything like that. This is happening on my TiVo Mini, and has been for quite some time. I don't really watch TV on my Bolt+ since it's on a different floor of my house and I don't really spend much time up there. But again, this is very random. I'll pause video, and then it'll resume without me pressing anything.

Why does this happen? Is it my Bolt+? My Mini? With respect to the Mini, I think I've got the TCDA93000, which isn't the newest one.

2. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000
    If you paused live TV, the video will restart 30 minutes later as that is when the buffer fills up and you're at the end of the buffer.

kpeters59 and UCLABB like this.
  3. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Active Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Ok so what should I do to prevent this? Change the tuner and go back to it when ready, or what?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Record the program.

It'll stay paused 'til the electricity goes out.

-KP

5. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000

Advertisements

Yes. The best solution is to record everything. If you're watching something even vaguely interesting, hitting record will ensure the pause lasts forever.

When using TiVo properly, Live TV should be limited to sampling whether a TV program is worth watching, or if you have company over and want them to watch the TV.

But in general, no harm in recording everything. If you are watching Live TV and hit record, the contents of the live TV buffer will be added to the recording as well. So if you're 15 minutes into a program and like it, hitting record will add the buffer to the recording so anyone who plays it back can start from the beginning.