Video Output Problem ~ no HD

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tomharms, Sep 20, 2011.

1. tomharms

tomharms New Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Been using my Tivo HD with plasma set at 720p Hybrid for a couple years. Last night, the video seemed to zoom to only show a fraction of the full picture. I set it to 480p Fixed and the full picture displayed. Tried Native, Hybrid, 720p Hybrid, & 1080i Hybrid and I get the same zoomed picture. I tried to reset and then unplugged the unit and no change. Any ideas to fix this or does it sound like a bad Tivo HD. Thanks for any advice/help.

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Shouldn't you suspect the TV also? Are you using component or HDMI?

3. tomharms

tomharms New Member

Sep 20, 2011
    You are right. This is a 7 year old NEC Plasma being feed component. Currently trying to get one of my other Tivo HD sets to power up on the NEC Plasma.

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Try pressing the aspect button to set to panel, also check the tv's aspect settings.

5. tomharms

tomharms New Member

Sep 20, 2011
    OK, all is well for the time being. :) Moved another Tivo HD to the NEC Plasma and 720p Hybrid worked fine. So, went back to the original Tivo HD and it worked fine as well. Previously, I unplugged the unit for about ten seconds, but while I was checking another Tivo HD ~ it was off for over an hour. I'm thinking the extended time being unplugged might have cleared the problem. We'll see if it happens again. Thanks for your advice/help. :) Tom