Video on Demand not working on Elite

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tvhank, Oct 14, 2011.

1. tvhank

tvhank New Member

Oct 25, 2010
    When I go to "Video on Demand", I immediately get "Network Unavailable". Is any Elite owners having the same problem? My other THD boxes seem to be fine. I called support and they said they are working on the problem but it has been days now. The DVR is connecting to Tivo fine. I've also rebooted the box. My connection is hardwired and I have used the SDUI but still no luck.
    I'm concern about the software on the Elite. I've owned the box for five days now and I already have a corrupt recording and also have the box suddenly reboot on me when I was watching another recording. I'm also not sure why they change some things on the Elite that were even on the Premier.

2. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    The video on demand not working is an outage that TiVo is aware of and working on. It is also affecting some Premieres. You do need to call or email support through the web site so that they can add you to the list.

There is a lot of the discussion about it in the Elite thread in Coffee House.

3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Hey forum admins: We need a new forum for Elites!

4. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    I don't know if we do. Once the base Premieres get 14.9, the only differences will be 4 tuners (doesn't really matter for discussion) and MoCA support.

5. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    I put in a request. I think at least a forum in the premiere forum would make sense.

6. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    FYI - if you haven't seen it already, this problem was fixed a couple days ago. If you are still having the problem, follow the steps in the first post of the Elite thread.

7. tvhank

tvhank New Member

Oct 25, 2010
    It's still not working. According to tech support a new release will be rolling out mid next week and that should fix the problem.

8. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I'm in the camp that we don't, once the OS versions synch up the Elite will belong in the Premiere forum, after all it IS the Premiere Elite, 3rd up on the list after Premiere, Premiere XL.