Video freezes

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by LPPG, Mar 11, 2008.

1. LPPG

LPPG New Member

Feb 26, 2007

Advertisements

This sounds like some of the posts with video freezing and audio continuing, but my audio cuts out too. I tried re-starting, then deleting programs and restarting. This solves the problem for 10-15 minutes, then I'm back in the same boat.
    I finally re-set the system and went through the entire setup process again. So far, this seems to be working.
    My question is this; am I eventually going to have to replace the hard drive or does the re-set effectively handle whatever part of the drive may have been corrupted?
    The unit is just over a year old, but it's from Costco so I know I can take it back if need be.

2. dkahs23

dkahs23 New Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Palm Coast,...
    I wonder if this has something to do with the cable cards? Mine is doing the same thing. But I reset mine and its not working. I can get the lower channels but not the HD channels.

3. LPPG

LPPG New Member

Feb 26, 2007
    I was missing the HD and premium channels after the reset as well, but it turns out that it was due to specifying the wrong cable provider. So far, mine is working after the re-set, but I'll probably still upgrade the drive fairly soon.