Victoria on Masterpiece - Show of Unity

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by bicker, Feb 11, 2019.

1. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    Victoria on Masterpiece - Show of Unity was supposed to be broadcast last night, but instead it seems we received a rebroadcast of last week's episode.

Does anyone have any info about this? Right now the schedule still shows that they're showing the NEXT episode next Sunday.

2. kaszeta

kaszeta Ceci n'est pas une conserve TCF Club

Jun 11, 2004
    Grantham, NH
    Must be a local PBS mistake, I definitely saw Show of Unity on Vermont Public Television last night.

3. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Me too.

4. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    And as far as I can tell, PBS does not make their episodes available for streaming for free. :(

5. lambertman

lambertman LIVE! On tape

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    You can watch on pbs.org.

6. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    PBS app on roku. Their shows are available for free for a short period.

7. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    Thanks. I'm noticing that they are rebroadcasting it a few times before the next episode. I'll try those options. My spouse won't watch television on a laptop; we don't have a Roku; and I don't see the PBS app on TiVo.

8. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Same with the app on Fire TV. If you want unlimited streaming access to PBS programs you have to subscribe to their "Passport" which costs $5/mo -- and I'm pretty sure requires the PBS app on a device such as Roku or Fire TV, i.e., is not available via TiVo. With this and increasing commercials PBS is getting less like public TV all the time.

9. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    I have the pbs on the Fire stick and because I have DirecTV, it isn't charging me anything. I can catch the episodes I may have missed. Amazon has a PBS Masterpiece channel that has a monthly fee. Usually amazon lets you have a week for free and you can cancel it easily online before you get charged. You can also pick it up on that one as well.