Very weird sound issue after haali install

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by h00ligan, Apr 14, 2011.

1. h00ligan

h00ligan New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Hi all,

I have run into a strange issue with tivo desktop pro, and have spent a week trying to isolate the issue.

The steps involved installing and removing a fair amount of codecs, as well as configuration of said codecs then testing (slow process due to having to transfer multiple shows in sequence).

What I've isolated as the issue is haali media splitter, for streaming mkv files. When haali is not installed, no issues whatsoever... Most recently I'm running the shark windows 7 install, but this happened when all I had installed was ac3, xvid, and haali.

They symptom:

I can only transfer one show with sound. This only happens to divx files, funnily. I can transfer a series of mkv, no issue, but once haali is installed..only one show. The solution is to pause and resume the TiVo server..then it works for one more transfer.

Specs, windows 7 pro (64bit), shark codec pack

I won't bother with hardware, it's more than fast enough.

Latest TiVo desktop, latest codecs, 2 TiVo hd's (happens on both)

So what are some free alternatives to haali? Hs anyone ever seen this rather odd (to me) issue?

Thanks for making it through the long read, appreciate the help.

2. h00ligan

h00ligan New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    I'm bumping this also to add, I have since had to reinstall on another machine, with similar results.

Mkv transcode and sound fine, no sound with divx files. I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this issue resolved...TiVo support was, unsurprisingly, beyond useless.