Very strange recording/deletion in one day...

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by mattack, Sep 1, 2007.

1. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    So I came home and noticed that at least one recording had been deleted due to new recordings happening.. it was just one ep of a PBS series I recorded a while ago but hadn't gotten around to watching.. no big deal (except I don't know if other shows had been deleted too).

Also, the new recordings that had happened didn't seem to add up to as many hours of suggestions/deleted shows that I had when I left this morning... but it was probably close.. (Though at 8pm two hour-long suggestions started recording.. so that's even more suspicious.) This is all analog cable on a series 3 at basic quality.. so it's hour-for-hour for suggestions/new recordings..

Lastly, I noticed that Jeopardy had not recorded.. With this explanation:
    This program was not recorded because it conflicted with a higher priority Season Pass or other recording:
    The Simpsons: "Marge's Son Poisoning" 7:00 pm 12 KBCW

I don't have a SP on channel 12 (I do, for channel 2, new eps only), nor an AWRL for it.. Plus my Jeopardy Season Pass is way up there near the top of the list.

Lastly, the real world recorded the same episode twice at the same time.. I do have a SP for that. (But even with the dup episode I'm still unsure why something ended up deleting.)

I've seen weird explanations for not recording before, but this sure is a lot of strange Tivo happenings in one day.

2. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Since you have been around this forum for 6 years I assume you tried to restart the tivo. If not, it may help.