Very old Tivo w Livetime Service

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by bebw, Apr 29, 2017.

1. bebw

bebw Member

Feb 18, 2003
    Cincinnati

Advertisements

I have two very old Tivos that I bought Lifetime service for. I heard recently about Tivo offering service to new boxes for $99.00 on old Tivos if you buy a new Tivo. Is that true because if so I could get going on Tivo again. Both machines still run but the fans on them are loud and I stopped using them. I was considering a new one with new service but the $400 savings would make the decision easier.

I heard this offer was over now but wondering do they run these every once in awhile. I could subscribe to their news and wait for another one.

Anyone know?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Unfortunately no way to know if they'll offer another similar deal but it was dependent on the units being S2/S3/HD/HDXL models and active/connecting to TiVo between March 2016 and March 2017. When did you stop using these as if before March 28, 2016 you wouldn't have received the offer in e-mail (assuming your mail preferences are correct with your TiVo account). Looking at your signature, only your S2 would have qualified. Service for the S1's was discontinued last fall so I would not expect to see any more offers for those, but you could always call and see what they can do for you.

1 Only TiVo Series2/Series3, HD and HDXL DVRs with Product Lifetime service that have connected to the TiVo service between 3/28/16 and 3/28/17 qualify.

Scott

bebw likes this.
  3. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    1. Offers like this--which are rare--have required that a TiVo be "active," such as having connected up to TiVo within the past year. If I were you, I would have my boxes connect up to TiVo every month or few months.

2. This offer ended a couple of weeks ago. However, there have been reports of some people getting it after-the-fact, by calling in to TiVo. You might want to try--after first having your boxes make a connection to TiVo. A telephone call is cheap.

3. Some people have reported here that TiVo reps. have said that there will/could be similar future-such promotions. All the more reason to have your boxes be current, calling in to TiVo, and checking here.

bebw likes this.
  4. bebw

bebw Member

Feb 18, 2003
    Cincinnati
    It's been a while since I was connected. I didn't live at home for a year and so connecting the Tivo was very hard as it had all these updates to get. I kept having to go through the menu over and over again and working with it. Finally it was going okay and then there was another interruption to using it...can't remember why now. The motor was making whining noises though so I figured it was about to go. I just never found the time to 'work' with it to see if I could get it to sync up for service again. I probably haven't used it for 6 years but since it never stopped, I kept it.

I called about getting a new box and the rep mentioned it, seeing as I had boxes listed on my account but she said the sale was over last week. Nice of her to say something but the 'coulda woulda shoulda' got me.

I was not getting any email even though, according to her records my email address was up to date, so perhaps because none of them were synced up, they didn't send any email to me?? Unless it was going to spam folder.
    Wish I had known~

5. bebw

bebw Member

Feb 18, 2003
    Cincinnati

Advertisements

Thanks..I'll do that, try to sync them up. If I can't sync them up, I guess I should get rid of them anyway.