Verizon New Guide -> Tivo no longer works

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by VerizonUser_HLP, Jan 11, 2012.

1. VerizonUser_HLP

VerizonUser_HLP New Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Our Tivo used to work until Verizon changed their program Guide yesterday January 10th. All of a sudden, we can't view the video image using Tivo Series 2, only hearing sounds broadcasted on the TV. Is there something we can do to see the video come through?

2. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Did they discontinue analog channels?

Are you saying Verizon changed Verizon's program guide, or TiVo's program guide?

Can you still access TiVo Central and all of the menus on the Tivo?

Are you using some sort of cable box?

3. VerizonUser_HLP

Jan 11, 2012
    They didn't discontinue analog.

They rolled out 'New FiOS Interactive Media Guide' claiming it has enriched
    guide with a fresh new look with cutting-edge features, and the way we use it hasn't changed. But something behind the scene must have changed, that the TV screen is blanked out for me using Tivo Series 2 with Verizon FIOS cable, while still receiving audio.

I have additional Verizon FIOS cable hooked to other non-Tivo connected TVs and that did not get affected.

4. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    I habe the FiOS 7232-2 with the new IMG 1.9 hooked up to the same TV as my TiVo Premiere, no problems at all.

5. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Are those other television the old pre-digital analog tuner types?

Is thise interactive media guide something that's just on one channel?

6. rage777

rage777 Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Since you have a Series 2 are you using the digital adapter or their DVR? I have a Series 2 that I am using with a digital adapter, that I just hooked up, and I can see the picture just fine. I was suprised at how bad the picture was, but at least I can see the TV channels. I haven't look at the Fios guide yet, but I do see pictures and can change the channel with the Tivo remote (using IR).

7. VerizonUser_HLP

Jan 11, 2012
    'Are those other television the old pre-digital analog tuner types?'
    Yes, for the TV that works with Verizon FIOS, it's pre-digital analog, it's directly hooked up to Verizon Set top box, without using Tivo.

For the TV that shows blank screen is HDTV-ready.

'Their New Media Guide' - Verizon recently rolled out new VoD functions and their version of TV guide.