1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verizon Fios now copyprotecting EVERYTHING ?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by mayeri, Dec 7, 2018 at 6:02 AM.

Tags:
  1. mayeri

mayeri Member

Oct 19, 2014
    According to my Tivo Premiere (software version 20.7.4.RC42-746-2-746 ) & kmttg (v 2.4j) it seems that Verizon FIOS in NYC is setting the copyprotection flag on EVERYTHING. I first noticed it first
    on the 12/6 Big Bang Theory. Then I noticed this morning SYFY's Nightflyers also had it.
    I just tried recording the ABC local morning news, and it also is tagged copyprotected.

I thought it might be a glitch on my tivo, but reboot did not resolve it. A new recording of
    the local news was still copyprotected.

Anyone know anything more (preferably how to get this reversed/fixed) ?

2. mayeri

mayeri Member

Oct 19, 2014

3. mayeri

mayeri Member

Oct 19, 2014
    I don't know what was going on before, but additional testing indicated it was a problem with my laptop & kmttg. All the recordings that kmttg was reporting as copyprotected before are now downloading successfully. Most strange.

4. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    I've had this happen with timewarner, a couple of times.
    My guess is someone flips the copy protection switch; then realize they mistaked and flip it back.

5. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    That would not affect items already recorded. The flag is varied with the recording.

6. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Or, Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    FIOS here. Not seeing what you're reporting.

7. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    See post #3.

rdrrepair likes this.
  8. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Or, Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    I'd be seriously po'd if this was ever the case. I left Time Warner right when they started doing that for many of their shows. This was back when my only option to view another TiVo's recording was to transfer. Don't miss the S2-S3 days.