Verizon Fios Northern Virginia S Cable Card Pricing

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by HiddenAgenda, Nov 4, 2009.

1. HiddenAgenda

HiddenAgenda New Member

Nov 4, 2009

Advertisements

Brand new poster so apologies in advance.

I am having a billing dispute with Verizon over the price of my cable cards and I'm hoping somebody might have the information I can't find on Verizon's site.

Hopefully brief summary

I got 4 S Cable Cards for two Tivo Series 3 from Verizon during my initial installation back in 2007 at $2.99 a month. One of my Tivos failed recently and I had to have Verizon install two new M Cable Cards in the replacement Tivo Series 3 (I understood that these would be at the new $3.99 price so I am not disputing that). For a while they were billing me for the incorrect amount of cards but I just got that ironed out. However, they are currently billing me for all 4 cable cards at $3.99 even though two of them are the original S cable cards. I remember getting something from Verizon that said all new installations of cable cards would be at the $3.99 price but I thought it said existing installed cards would continue to be at $2.99. Unfortunately, I can not find this memo and Verizon will not provide it nor can I find current pricing info on their website. I am hoping someone may be able to correct my memory or confirm that I am remembering correctly. I'm especially crossing my fingers that someone might have a copy of the message from verizon regarding cable card price increases that they could send me a copy of.

If anyone would like additional details I'd be happy to provide them but I'm sure I've already bored everyone to tears.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Thanks,
    Tim

2. richsadams

richsadams Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Welcome to the forum. Curious...why didn't you just pull the S cable cards out of your old Series3 and slip them into your new/replacement Series3? FIOS doesn't pair cable cards with DVR's so they can be swapped between machines as needed. Tell them you want them back...at the original price! :)

Otherwise, I agree...you shouldn't have to pay the higher monthly fee for the two "original" cable cards. More phone calls are probably in order until you find a CSR that agrees. Kill them with kindness.

FWIW we also pay $3.99 per cable card from FIOS.

3. HiddenAgenda

HiddenAgenda New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Thanks for the info. I was under the impression that Cable Cards could only be used with the device they were originally used with and a Verizon Technician agreed with this when I asked (Should have validated info from an independent source).

Thanks again.

4. richsadams

richsadams Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2003
    That's true with any other cableco, except Verizon. In any case, best of luck!