Verizon FIOS - Can't connect wirelessly

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by hallex, Jul 28, 2007.

1. hallex

hallex New Member

Oct 14, 2006
    Just got FIOS installed (TV and Internet). TV part's working fine, but the Tivo boxes I have (Series 2 and Series 3) can't find the wireless connection. I've had no problem configuring other computers for the new SSID, and other hardware (e.g. xbox 360) is also fine. But both Tivo boxes can "see" the network, but not let me go through. It's WEP encrypted.

Oh, the boxes are suggesting that I add the MAC address to the wireless network, but I'm not blocking MAC addresses (in case you may have thought that to be the problem).

Thoughts?

2. TiVo Mel

TiVo Mel King of TiVo Nation

Jun 20, 2005
    Vegas?
    Your new Verizon Fios modem has a built-in firewall. The installer should have named your network and given you a password. Follow the network set-up in Tivo and enter the network name and password provided by your Verizon installer. Once all of the information is entered, your Tivo should see the network and be able to connect to it.

3. hallex

hallex New Member

Oct 14, 2006
    I know the name and password. The Tivo can find the network, but when I enter the password, I get "Accessing network. This might take some time." Then it throws me to the "Wireless Network Problem" page.

4. kthrynileen

kthrynileen New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    I am also having this problem... I have the name and the password but Tivo cannot connect -- I am getting the exact same error message as the person above. I'm a little disheartened that there are no replies since July '07...

5. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    Change the way tivo obtains its IP address. If tivo is setup as DHCP change it to static and if it's set to static change it to DHCP.

First double check a static address and make sure it's within the range of your router and doesn't conflict with another address.

You might temporarily turn off security at your router and see if running your network in the clear solves the problem.

6. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    The other issue may be that the Verizon routers only allow a limited number of devices to connect to them, (I think it is 5) if you have reached that limit, you are going to have to come up with another plan.

7. rsnaider

rsnaider Active Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I have had the D-Link and now Actiontec since I now have TV and there is no limit (actually 255 but much higher then 5). I have 20 devices on my network which includes the Cable boxes.

You guys have some other issue as I have been able to configure various wireless devices such as iPhone, Blackberry, Nindendo DS and laptops all with the Verizon supplied equipment.