Vcm

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by fylcsm, Jun 25, 2011.

1. fylcsm

fylcsm New Member

Jun 21, 2011
    What is a VCM connection?

2. fylcsm

fylcsm New Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Thanks, still not sure what it is but not worried about it now. I have no network and update by dial up one (series 2 DT) says last connect was before I owned it months ago the other (series 2 single tuner), was 5 minutes ago.

3. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    What good does that do the OP? That thread says absolutely nothing that's of any value in regards to the question. It's just some speculation with nothing to back it up.

The answer to the question is that nobody knows and TiVo has decided to withhold the information from it's users.

4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, we can only guess what it means. I want to believe it is something along the lines of Video Content (Control?) Management.

I did a search for vcm on TiVo's support site and this is the one and only article that came up in the results.

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/163/kw

5. jtreid

jtreid Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Reading, PA
  6. fylcsm

fylcsm New Member

Jun 21, 2011
    I just find it odd one of mine is doing it the other isn't both set up the same.

7. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I think it is established that VCM has to do with online scheduling.
    My guess it has to do with your opt-in status. You have to be opt in to use online scheduling.
    Maybe your S2ST is opt-in and your S2DT is not?

From your wording, it sounds like you bought the S2DT used from a previous owner. If so, have you taken the steps to move it to your account?

8. fylcsm

fylcsm New Member

Jun 21, 2011
    I bought both used from different people the single tuner about 3 or 4 months ago the DT 2 or 3 have not called Tivo to put either in my name. You might be on to something the single(that gets the VCM) came set to takatee Tivo suggestions I changed to don't, the DT was already that way. I don't think it's online scheduling the person I got the single from used dial up. I guess I can't quote since I only have 3 posts