Vampire Diaries - "The Ties That Bind" - OAD 1/19/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Jan 19, 2012.

1. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    ELIJAH!!!!!!!!

I shall have to come back in the morning for more thoughts. Right now I am too giddy to think straight. I had given up hope. Nicely done keeping his return out of the media and spoilers. Wooohoo!

(goes off to bed doing the happy dance)

2. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I knew at least one person would be happy with that ending!

3. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Yeah, I knew she would be doing a happy dance. I came here this evening just to see.

4. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Hee! :p

Okay now for more organized thoughts on the rest of the episode!

The bad:
    Stefan the boring brooding soul is on his way back. Ugh. Can we keep the "I don't give a crap" jerk for just awhile longer? He's so much more entertaining!!

Bonnie and her mommy. I know it's because I'm not fond of Bonnie but the actress playing her mom was so wooden and awful to watch. Not looking forward to more.

The good:
    Damon Damon Damon. First he's checking out the doctor for his BFF. Awww how sweet is that? Making sure she's okay for is buddy. How far he's come too. Damon season 1 would have woke from that vervaining and ripped her apart right there in the hospital, Alaric's feelings be damned. Instead he goes to Alaric all calm and matter of fact in his telling that she stole his blood. Then we have snarky goodness with Stefan when he realizes Stefan knows about the kiss. Heee! Then the dagger. Oh Damon, I could kiss you for that. Finally someone gets smart! I kinda wish he had taken the dagger out of them all. I'm sure they are all mighty pissed at Klaus at this point. We know Elijah has to be and we know Rebekah will be so whoever the other sibling is surely will have similar thoughts.

Tyler breaks my heart. I know he wants free of his siring for multiple reasons but mostly he just wants his Caroline. Turning breaks every bone in his body. Yikes. Did we know it was that bad?? I really want these two crazy kids to work it out. I have no idea why I'm so invested in this. I'm not really a shipper by nature. <shallow> and holy hell, how hot is Tyler chained up with next to nothing on?? </shallow>

I so love Alaric. Him apologizing to Elena was sad and sweet. How long has it been in TVD time since Jenna? 6 months? Maybe more since Stefan the ripper was out all summer with Klaus and that's been awhile ago even. I guess I don't have a problem with him moving on then. I'm not sure how I feel about Dr Fell quite yet. I'm not trusting her. And I wish I didn't realize it was Paul Wesley's real wife. Somehow it bugs watching her on screen with Alaric. I don't think I've seen her in anything before this though.

The best:
    This. Nuff said!

Cannot wait for next week now. YAY!

5. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    The Good

Brooding Stefan is back! But this time he's mixed with ******* Stefan, for even more self-hating action. Love it. For myself, Stefan is far and away the best character on the show and most intersting. It's not like we're shocked that he still cares about Elena, and he also hasn't renounced his Klaus vendetta. We just saw a little bit shine through.

Bonnie and her Mom (just kidding, boring!) Though Bonnie was definitely right about Jeremy. That sh*t is just wrong.

Meredith Fell. I hope she sticks around for a while. I like some fresh blood that will shake some things up, and she obviously isn't phased by Damon.

The Bad

Damon Damon Damon! Okay, I'm again mostly kidding, but I really can't stand the 'Delena' plot they keep pushing. So, no Elena, but please more interaction with Alaric. That bromance is awesome and we needs more of it!

6. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I don't mind the Stefan from last night. I am okay with the mix between caring and not caring. I just know that since we've seen the feelings show this episode that boring one note Stefan is sure to follow soon enough.

I could care less about the triangle or if Damon gets the girl. I still love everything about him. I'm biased, I know. I don't care. :D
    And yes, there is never enough bromance. Next week I'd like a bar scene with Alaric, Damon and Elijah, with snarky comments and booze.

7. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I brought this over from last week's thread. If I remember the story right, we cannot say that the Mom is the original witch. I wouldn't make that assumption.

8. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    "I kissed Damon." Elena's an idiot.

Bonnie's mom is an a-hole.

Does anybody work or go to school on this show? Is every day a Saturday in the Mystic Falls-verse?

Why the heck does Tyler need Mr. Caroline's Father's permission to see his daughter? When's the last time anybody on this show, let alone Caroline, did what they were told?

Elijah, please make Klaus go away. Please.

9. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I thought Bill Forbes was implying to Tyler that he would kill him if he couldn't break the Sire Bond*.

*patent pending

10. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I didn't really understand why she 1) felt the need to tell this man who just terrorized her and made it clear he no longer gives a crap and 2) why she thought he would care 3) what exactly she thought was going to happen afterward??

Yeah she's an idiot.

11. Agatha Mystery

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Well, to be fair, word would eventually get around. Damon would eventually tell Stefan. I'm sure she felt it would be better if he heard it from her. She already told Bonnie. Bonnie's been working with Stefan on the coffins. It might accidentally slip. Elena's being honest. They're broken up, and if she ends up in a relationship with Damon, Stefan will have to deal with that.

I did like Damon's response about it (the second time). "It's right, just not right now."

12. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    And as far as I can tell, she didn't kiss Damon. He kissed her. She didn't slap him in the face or knee him in the nuts afterwards but she wasn't the initiator and she told him not to do it again. So why confess?

13. Agatha Mystery

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Because she kissed him back. She felt something.

14. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    But I'm putting myself in her shoes. Why do I owe him the courtesy of even telling him? We are broke up and he's an ass so why should I care if/when/how he finds out? He lost the right to her consideration long ago.

15. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Especially after he dumped her on the side of the road a week ago

16. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    And left her at Bonnie's mothers house without Bonnie and right after they had both been attacked. Uh.. okay. I was actually surprised when he got into the car and just drove off. So much for caring about her well being.

17. Agatha Mystery

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Because she still "luuuurrrves" him. She blames his bad behavior on Klaus, and not him. She just realizes that she can't be with him because of it, and THAT is why they're broken up, not because they don't still love each other.

18. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Oh yeah. The love conquers all thing. 'scuse me while I vomit up my dinner.

I did like his "You're better than him. You're better than both of us." Perhaps so but you can't fight fate silly Stefan. Heh.

I guess I don't see the downside to being turned for her. It's not like her life as a human has been so swell. And if it really is true love with these two what's gonna happen when she's aging and still dating a 17 year old?

19. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    I was so happy for you!

I did like how Elena announced the kiss, if not that she did.

"i kissed Damon" - nice job taking ownership since she DID feel something. lots of somethings.

"i don't feel bad that it happened, just that you don't know" nice.

20. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    It was nice that she took ownership but I still don't agree with whatever she was feeling that compelled her to think he had any right to know. Oh well, who cares! Elijah returned! Hee!