Vacation account suspend

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by JJA, Jan 16, 2006.

1. JJA

JJA Senior Citizen

Feb 27, 2000
    Sarasota, FL
    D* allows a vacation period where your account is held in suspension and there is no monthly charge.

Does anyone know if you could lose your distants and Tivo lifetime when you are reactivated after the vacation?

No guesses please. I don't want to lose these.

2. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    Why would you suspend your account on a lifetime activated unit?

Sorry for the question and not an answer it just does not make sense if you don't have to pay a monthly fee why you would suspend the account.

3. LostCluster

LostCluster Member

Feb 10, 2002
    I think that he's talking about suspending the whole DirecTV account so he doesn't have to pay for programming he's not going to be home to watch, and as far as I know you won't lose distants or TiVo lifetime as a result of that.

4. parzec

parzec Wizard of Oz

Jun 21, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    When I suspended my account,all of my features were avilable when I un-suspended. I don't think DirtyP realized the OP was talking about a D* unit as opposed to a SA.

5. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    Thanks--- I thought he was just suspending the TIVO Service.. not all the DirectTv service...thanks for clarification!

6. JJA

JJA Senior Citizen

Feb 27, 2000
    Sarasota, FL
    True, I posted in the wrong forum. It is a DTivo. Since I don't trust D* I emailed them with this question and got a written response assuring me that I won't lose DNS or lifetime DTivo.

7. shady

shady Previously European TCF Club

May 31, 2002
    Morgan...
    But just because you go on vacation, TiVo doesn't have to. Won't you want TiVo to record stuff while you are away?