V874 errors

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by tazzmission, Dec 14, 2018.

1. tazzmission

tazzmission Member

Oct 15, 2002
    North...
    I am constantly getting these errors on my two mini vox's. My main DVR is a Bolt +. I used to get a similar network error code on my mini's when I used Moca and was on the old version 3 TiVo OS. I switched over to Ethernet and I was error free for a long time on the version 3 OS. Now I am on Hydra 4.0 and now this error is occurring a few times a week.

The TiVo site says.
    This error is displayed when you are using Multi-Room Streaming and the Ethernet connection on your network is interrupted due to a network problem, the device is unplugged or restarted.

I was getting these errors when I was using Google WiFi mesh routers. I have since replaced my router with a Netgear Orbi mesh system and I also took the opportunity to replace my network switch with a new one from Netgear also. I did this not because of the TiVo errors but I wanted a better WiFi system. The v874 errors continue. My main DVR was replaced a few months ago because the original one stopped booting up. But I was getting these errors on the old DVR too.

I'ts not a cabling issue as I have rewired my house with new cat5e Ethernet cables and new RG6 coax runs to each room.

I'm not sure what is causing the issue. I am on FiOS and I don't have a POE filter on the ONT but maybe I do need one. The ONT was replaced last month too after I upgraded to gigabit speeds with Verizon.

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    It seems the Netgear's are the worst for IGMP Snooping...which model is it?

-KP

3. tazzmission

tazzmission Member

Oct 15, 2002
    North...
    Orbi RBR50 and a GS208 switch, but I had this issue with Google WiFi and a D-Link switch also. But I'm open to any suggestions on what to do here.

IGMP proxying is off on my Orbi router too. Not sure if that is the same thing as IGMP snooping

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  4. kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I was talking about the Switch...are your Mini's running through it?

-KP

tazzmission likes this.
  5. tazzmission

tazzmission Member

Oct 15, 2002
    North...
    My switch is not a managed one. It does not have any settings to change.

The mini's are running through the switch. I can plug them directly into the routers built in switch though.

I was thinking of trying a DELL PowerConnect 2816 managed switch out. You can get them used on eBay for $40. I should not "NEED" a managed switch though for what I run in my house wired.

Or maybe a GS108Ev3 from Netgear?

6. kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    To solve the TiVo issue, I'd sure consider trying them without the switch.

-KP

7. tazzmission

tazzmission Member

Oct 15, 2002
    North...
    This might not be doable for me unless I go back to moca.

My main Orbi router has 4 Ethernet ports, one goes to the Verizon ONT, the other goes to my Ethernet switch and I have two open. I can put the minis on the main router but the TiVo DVR will still be on the external Ethernet switch, so unless I can get them all on the Orbi router I might have to do moca over coax again.

There really should not be any issue with using the TiVo's on an Ethernet switch

8. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    A search of TCF should find other reports of Orbi issues — many resolved by working with Orbi to rollback to a previous firmware version.

edit: Actually... not sure now. Firmware issue might have been with Eeros. (Yep, Eero)

Also, one past Orbi fix (tho MoCA-related, I believe):

9. tazzmission

tazzmission Member

Oct 15, 2002
    North...
    This is not the same issue I’m having. For now I’ve switched back to Moca for the TiVo’s and eliminated the external switch and all my other wired devices go through the orbi’s.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018