V872 Error - Mini losing connection - help?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Lanew, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Lanew

Lanew New Member

Jan 6, 2019
    I have a Bolt with two mini’s connected via cable/MOCA. The second mini was added a couple of months ago and has been working fine but has started to lose connection about every 30 seconds, with a V872 Error code. I have disconnected and reconnected with no luck What do I do?

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    I suspect that error code is just "V87" rather than V872. Yes? (Unless TiVo is rolling out new codes.)

If the Minis are connected via MoCA, I'd recommend providing more detail on how all the TiVo boxes are connected via coax (how the devices and locations interconnect, how they connect back to the incoming provider line, and through what coax components, including the location of the "PoE" MoCA filter), and how the MoCA network is being established. Text description can suffice; a diagram, however rough, can be more effective. (see attached for an example, for inspiration)

Additional details as to provider, modem & router brand/model, and whether any other network equipment is part of the setup would also be helpful.

Attached Files:

3. rexebrown

rexebrown New Member

Aug 17, 2016
    I have a similar problem. HAD a Roamio OTA and 2 mini's and everything worked fine. Changed to a BOLT OTA and everything still good. Swapped out one of the mini's for a mini VOX and get the V872 code frequently. Spent hours on the line with tech support, getting the usual, check this unplug that with no resolution. Then they had me swap the mini VOX at the other mini location and it seemed to work fine. Tivo's answer was it must be a location problem and not the box. I put the old mini back in and everything works fine. How do I fix it on the mini VOX or troubleshoot a location problem. Again, my MOCA network and setup has worked fine for several years and it was only when I introduced the mini VOX.