V87 on Minis when there's a glitch in a recorded show

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by buckyswider, Nov 3, 2017.

1. buckyswider

buckyswider Member

Aug 31, 2003

Advertisements

Hey, I have a V87 issue that seems different than the other being reported.

Was working on something else when I heard Dr. Phil saying over and over "that's a 4th degree felony" with a background of my wife clicking and cursing :) . She was watching a pre-recorded show on one of the minis, and at the same spot in this show the V87 "lost connection with roamio" message would pop up. She'd go back to tivo central, resume viewing, and the same error at the same spot.

So I went to another mini. Same exact symptom. I go to the Roamio itself and resume the show. At that same spot, no error- but a frozen picture with growing digital static for 30 seconds or so, then with no further input the show resumed playing (presumably not seamlessly where it left off, but I didn't really pay enough attention to notice). Now if you go to a mini and resume the show it picks up right there at the new spot.

SO, it seems like there was a glitch in the recording- maybe comcast dropped for a couple seconds, maybe the roamio burped, who knows. But the way it manifested itself on the minis was the appearance of a loss of connection with the roamio, which was not the case. Sound like a bug somewhere. I wonder if anyone has seen this behavior before? Or maybe it's something worth reporting to the mothership so they can possibly fix some error processing code??

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Saving that show and contacting TiVo sounds like the plan.