V69 error - Never saw this before!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by brobin, Jan 21, 2021.

1. brobin

brobin Active Member

Feb 14, 2014

Advertisements

While watching a live show on an A93 Mini this morning, a V69 "Network too slow" message popped up. The show, local news in HD, was fine with no sound or audio issues and the Mini is connected via Ethernet. No problems show up in my router log and no performance issues. Speed test shows over 200Mbps as always. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

bestcurtisever likes this.
  2. brobin

brobin Active Member

Feb 14, 2014
    So this afternoon we got this again on a different mini but this time the live TV signal would come and go. The message said that the connection was poor and to switch to Ethernet - only the connection IS Ethernet! I unplugged the Ethernet cable from the mini and the wall, cleaned the contacts. plugged it back in the mini rebooted on it's own. So far so good. The cables have been plugged in for 6 years so I'm hoping it was just oxidation.

krkaufman likes this.
  3. brobin

brobin Active Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Well now it's happening on another one. Says my internet connection is too slow but continues receiving the show. 231Mbps from ISP, Ethernet connection and no router issues. Just weird.

4. bestcurtisever

bestcurtisever New Member

Feb 12, 2021
    Having the EXACT same issue here...find any kind of solution?

5. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas

Advertisements

tivoidp.tivo.com › tivoCommunitySupport › article › V...
    Oct 18, 2019 — Your home network is not fast enough for you to watch this show. Transfer the show to this TiVo DVR first. If you are using a wireless network, ...

What Network Speed does Netflix report in it's built-in Speed Test?

-KP

6. bestcurtisever

Feb 12, 2021
    Yes, but makes no sense...for me anyway.

I have plenty of network speed. Plus it's not a Netflix issue...it's regular programming (in my instance).

7. kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    So don't test your TiVo speed why?

-KP

8. bestcurtisever

Feb 12, 2021
    I guess I am not understanding why my Netflix speed matters? Talking about the TV offerings...I don't use Netflix from my TIVO box.

9. kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    V69 is a Speed Error, so testing the speed via the only speed test a TiVo can do is just to eliminate it as an issue, which you say isn't an issue.

-KP