V66 error - promoted to its own thread

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by TiVo_Ted, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Nov 6, 2017 #1 of 202
    TiVo_Ted

TiVo_Ted Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2000
    Pleasanton,...

Advertisements

Okay, the V66 error is turning out to be a major issue that we need to resolve ASAP. As we have been researching this bug, we have actually found several issues which are all triggering this same error message. We are going to release a patch update to the software soon. However, in order to really know that we've fixed it, we need some more data from the field. In order to accomplish this, if anyone is able to help, please do the following:
    • Note the time the error occurred in GMT - time in GMT - Bing
    • Note the TSN where you saw the error
    • Note the TSN of the host DVR if you saw the error on a MINI
    • What kind of network connection are you using for each device? (MOCA, Ethernet, bridge etc.)
    • Did the error occur while changing channels, during live TV or during playback of a recording
    • Force a service connection on your MINI and Host DVR to upload their logs
    Please post this to me privately via DM.
    Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    thyname, krkaufman and almoney like this.
  2. Nov 6, 2017 #2 of 202
    Diana Collins

Diana Collins Well-Known Member TCF Club

Aug 21, 2002
    New York...
    I assume we should send that info via PM, since I don't think people will want to post their TSNs publicly.

krkaufman likes this.
  3. Nov 6, 2017 #3 of 202
    TiVo_Ted

TiVo_Ted Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2000
    Pleasanton,...
    Yes, good point! I just edited my initial post.

4. Nov 6, 2017 #4 of 202
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    High Ted. As for the UTC issue and logs. First, anyone can view to those logs with Clear - Clear - Enter - Enter - 0 after going to System Information. Also, to set a time mark, use 777 Clear and 911 Clear. Hit Clear quickly or you will change the channel. When you view the logs the time displayed is UTC, a common thing for a DVR.

It would be really great if there was any documentation about the contents of the logs. We (TCF users) can do the heavy lifting with a little help. :)

Oh yeah -> Coordinated Universal Time - Wikipedia

mjthor1 and ClearToLand like this.
  5. Nov 6, 2017 #5 of 202
    Justin Kaplan

Justin Kaplan New Member

Nov 6, 2017

Advertisements

Yes,
    I would like to help how I can. I am at TiVo installer and didn’t installation this weekend with two vox boxes and eight minis regular. I get the V 66 error anytime a mini loses Internet connection with the main box or when I tuner is stolen from the mini for recording or to be used by another mini. Because for minis are attached to each box, it is almost a guarantee the end-user is required to restart the box before they ever want to watch TV. There is also a great amount of stutter when you first get on to a channel. That only occurs on the minis. Finally, the mini always reverts to channel 1 instead of the last channel it was on. Needless to say, this issue is giving my customer with 10 TVs in his home a lot of headache. Please let me know how I can help. On a final note, I personally have a TiVo bolt plus and three minis, and do not seem to have the V66 error. Both sides are connected with only ethernet

mjthor1 likes this.
  6. Nov 6, 2017 #6 of 202
    obeythelaw2004

obeythelaw2004 Member

Oct 27, 2013
    Appreciate this post. I will be posting soon. It is not consistent for me but the only way I can resolve it is by restarting the Mini.

mjthor1 likes this.
  7. Nov 7, 2017 #7 of 202
    skaggs

skaggs AlbanyHDTV

Feb 13, 2003
    Albany, NY
    I am so frustrated by the V66 error on my Minis that I am considering rolling back from Hydra.

Try explaining to your non-tech savvy wife at 5:30AM why she needs to press thumb down, thumb up, play, play when she just wants to watch the morning news.

Should there be no fix by this afternoon when I return from work, I'll have no choice but to go back to the old user interface.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:enter

computersteve likes this.
  8. Nov 7, 2017 #8 of 202
    DeltaOne

DeltaOne Mount Airy, MD

Sep 29, 2013
    I see this too. Changing channels on a Mini running Hydra is much slower than pre-Hydra. I hope this can be fixed.

9. Nov 7, 2017 #9 of 202
    idksmy

idksmy Guest

Jul 16, 2016
    1. Tivo_Ted’s first post detailed how people can help.
    2. It’d be nice if this thread did not turn into yet another V66 complaint thread.

10. Nov 8, 2017 #10 of 202
    mjthor1

mjthor1 Member

May 31, 2006
    Arizona
    Same exact situation. We just want to watch the news when we get ready in the morning. I will send info to TiVo_Ted when I get home.

11. Nov 8, 2017 #11 of 202
    thyname

thyname Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2010
    N. Virginia
    meanwhile, the Thumbs Down / Thumbs Up / Play / Play works like charm for me with all my three Mini's.

12. Nov 9, 2017 #12 of 202
    Casper3088

Casper3088 New Member

Dec 7, 2016
    The thumbs down > thumbs up > play > play seems to be working for a temp solution. Waiting for a perm solution. Have seen the error switch to v-52 and had to reboot modem with tivo. Will be watching for solution.

13. Nov 9, 2017 #13 of 202
    Diana Collins

Diana Collins Well-Known Member TCF Club

Aug 21, 2002
    New York...
    There is reason to hope that a fix is near.

14. Nov 9, 2017 #14 of 202
    mfiman

mfiman New Member

Nov 9, 2017
    I'm new here and I don't see how to post a private message. So I will give you the "non-private" info you requested here, if that helps.

• I've had the V. 66 error twice today already, most recently just a few minutes ago (2:50 AM GMT). I had the error both on my main DVR (Roamio Pro) and on one of my two minis — all running the Vox interface.
    • Minis are connected via Ethernet. Network connection is fine
    • Error occurred as soon as I turned TV on and selected the Live TV button.

On a related note, as I have posted elsewhere, I am seeing a symptom on minis where, when I go to certain stations (like CNN HD), the screen image appears and freezes for about 10 seconds before it starts playing. Very annoying.

15. Nov 9, 2017 #15 of 202
    mfiman

mfiman New Member

Nov 9, 2017
    When I updated, there was a message that said there was no way to return to the old interface. Is that not true?

16. Nov 9, 2017 #16 of 202
    mfiman

mfiman New Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Update: This has happened twice now. On my main Roamio DVR, when I use the Vox remote voice command and say "Switch to {another channel}, it immediately drops into the v.66 error — even though Live TV was working fine just before.

17. Nov 9, 2017 #17 of 202
    midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    I've had the V66 error a few times on my Roamio too and it does not have the VOX remote. I suspect part of the reason they're having a tough time stomping on this one is that the error code is wrong. It was first posted that the code meant the Mini lost the connection to the host. Obviously if the host is throwing the error then the code must be wrong. It also didn't make sense on the Mini because you can still see all the programs on the host and play them. Obviously that can't happen without a connection to the host.

18. Nov 10, 2017 #18 of 202
    HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    You can return but it resets the TiVo and you lose all your recordings.

Scott

19. Nov 10, 2017 #19 of 202
    Daniel Bohling

Daniel Bohling New Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I have this every day on two minis connect to a brand new bolt+ vox. This been going on while I'm on my third bolt due to defective unit issues. As new customer with a new setup, this is maddening -- been pulling my hair out thinking that this was an issue with the new TA or the new cablecard or the MOCA.

Can a new vox be rolled back to the previous UI?

20. Nov 10, 2017 #20 of 202
    idksmy

idksmy Guest

Jul 16, 2016
    Yes.