V58 error and no channels solution that works with Cox and may work for other providers

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Sparky1234, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006
    Problem: (brand new Roamio Pro added to collection)

Could not receive any channels and received V58 errors on all channels. All indication were good on the Cable Card TiVo page, e.g., SNR, Signal Strength, SDV, channels received, etc. (Do a search for my other post: Cox disable HBO on only 1 TiVo.)

Solution:

Cox has to "stack" and "balance" your TiVos and Minis. If you have multiple TiVos and a Mini or 2 Cox has to list your TiVos first in your account then your Minis. After this correct "stack" then Cox has to "balance" your signal to your cable cards depending on the number of TiVos you have. Minis do not have to be balanced BUT they have to be "stacked" last in your account.

Summary:

Congratulation to Cox for training their technician on TiVo. However, this could have been accomplished without a home visit if the online tech support was also trained.

All six channels record.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  2. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    These Tivo's must be from Cox, otherwise they would not even know about the mini's.

3. Sparky1234

May 8, 2006
    Nope. TiVo purchased TiVos and Minis.

4. TivoJD

TivoJD Active Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Polk Co,...
    What would they "stack" on your account for a mini? Minis don't use cable cards or tuning adapters, only the DVRs do. I've never heard of such a thing, I'd be curious to know what information you gave them from your Mini so they could "stack" it.

5. Sparky1234

May 8, 2006
    "Stacking" is Cox term. It means listing all your TiVo DVRs before any Minis in your Cox account then refreshing Cox's accounting system. Cox did know I had a Mini somehow even though I did not register it with them or tell them about it. There are other postings in this forum referencing reentering TiVo cable cards and tuning adaptors in Fios system then refreshing Fios system to get all channels back.

I offered my experience as a point of reference for others who have tried everything and are still having V58 issues with all other values normal.

6. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    why would Cox care about a mini?

only thing I know of is the hardware need to listed in the cox account a certain way, but it's boxes,modems, cable cards not sure which order, but they don't do anything with mini's since no cable card

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  7. Sparky1234

May 8, 2006
    Cox Tech said Cox can see the mini and it has to be listed last.... Don't shoot the messenger.

8. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    This sounds like total BS to me. For Cox or anyone else to be able to "see" you are using a mini or anything else for that matter, it would seem to be necessary to be using one of their "gateway" combo modem/routers that they have access to. If you are using your own router and they can "see" anything, you have a serious security problem.

9. scottchez

scottchez Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Guys,
    Cox calls their little cable boxes, MINI
    Tivo also calls the add on box a MINI

I had a Cable tech on site, said I had a Mini and he got all excited saying we need to config that, then I said it was a Tivo Mini and he said oh , don't need to do anything with that, you set up the MOCA or Ethernet.

So you have to be clear, Same Name, different items.