V53 Select Cable and OTA channels not working

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by scifi451, Nov 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. scifi451

scifi451 New Member

Nov 21, 2018

Advertisements

I am trying to figure out what I can do to get certain channels working again.

On Fox Sports North, The Olympic channel from NBC, NBC Sports, the CW, and my local PBS station all come up with an error V53. I have exchanged cable cards several times, restarted the box, had Comcast to come and look at it. When I have looked at the signal strength for the channels they are at 97-100%. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do next?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You cannot just swap cable cards, they have to be paired to the DVR to work.

Your signal strength may be too high, also, what is the SNR?

Cable and OTA on the same Roamio? That is not possible. Its either cable or just OTA. A Roamio OTA model is meant for OTA, but cable is possible only if there is a cablecard bracket.

3. scifi451

scifi451 New Member

Nov 21, 2018
    Sorry should have said not OTA but the local channels on the Cable box. Will check on SNR

4. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    Have you looked to see if the channels were moved, maybe into the 1000's.

I once put one to many splitters on my cable line and lost a random set of channels. Removing the splitter fixed it. Did you recently add splitters?

5. scifi451

scifi451 New Member

Nov 21, 2018

Advertisements

My SNR is at 39 dB for Fox Sports North and one of the channels I am having problems with.

I don't think the channel moved since I have tried all of the channels with the same name when I sort the channel guide by name I see the others.

6. scifi451

scifi451 New Member

Nov 21, 2018
    I also only have one splitter on the cable line once it is in the house I believe.

7. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    SNR is a bit high.

Try adding an attenuator, or a splitter. CableCo tend to amp the signal too high. It can cause problems with Tivo.

Have you tried viewing the channels directly hooked up to the TV, bypassing Tivo. TVs can handle stronger signals.

8. unclehonkey

unclehonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Mankato, MN
    Comcast is all scrambled in 99.9% of their markets so that wont work