V53 Error

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by djjuice, Jun 2, 2016.

1. djjuice

djjuice Member

Mar 29, 2008

Advertisements

ok so this is the first time i've had this error stick around
    typically the picture freezes and then i'll get that error and a restart will fix it.

this time around after every restart of the tivo the problem would return.

eventually i could get local channels but other channels still give the V53 error

i've done the usual, check the channel strength, etc..

my SNR is 37 (which has worked before) with 95% signal. I have filtered this down to 31 and 75% with no difference.

channel strength is at 90-95, again i've filtered this down to 75 with no change.

right now i pulled the cable card and i'm waiting to re-pair the card.

but if that doesnt work, any other ideas? I guess i could get the card replaced but wanted to ask first

Update: getting it re-paired did work
    mods you can delete this thread (I can't seem to find a way to do it personally)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  2. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    It's probably best to leave it in case anyone else has the same issue and is looking for a fix.

3. pcarletti

pcarletti Newbie

Nov 5, 2011
    CT
    Got a v53 error this morning on VOD and went thru the painful comcast call - (cross posted in another thread) - Going to try again on Tuesday to see if I can find the tech who fixed it in 15 minutes!!

4. rjrsouthwest

rjrsouthwest Active Member

Feb 19, 2016
    It is best to call the comcast cablecard line during the week as I have found from experience that the best techs are working then and everything goes much smoother and a lot quicker when either doing initila card pairing or repairing after moving card to new unit. :)