V53 error w ota

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Nikstenas, Oct 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Nikstenas

Nikstenas New Member

Oct 15, 2019

Advertisements

I just hooked up my TiVo Roameo after moving and I had an OTA antenna hooked up with a very strong signal. Comes in just fine into television but the TiVo gives me the v53 error. I have re-scanned for channels and restarted the TiVo box but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?

2. James Kosharek

James Kosharek New Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Came in on the wrong day. Something happened at Tivo to mess up the guide. Go to guide setup and select the second channel e.g. 10.1* and 10.1 - After selecting all duplicate channels, go to guide. The channel that states “Title Not Available e53” will have the program to watch. The channels with the actual programs in the guide can not be watched or recorded. Just happened today for zip code 53215. I had to do a manual record to record my programs. Probably something to do with the channel changes due 10/18/19. I chatted on line and they said to call 1-877-367-8486. Closed until 10/17/19
    I’ve had Tivo for over 10 years and this is the first time this came up. I bet a tech hit the wrong key and activated by mistake.
    Called above number, on hold 20 min, on phone 30 min, should be fixed 7-10 business days, I said I be looking to replace Tivo if this was the best they could do, had to interrupt Alex and say thank you and I wasn’t satisfied and said good-bye.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    kpeters59 likes this.
  3. jimbop99

jimbop99 Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Kentuciana
    My channels just did this this morning.

4. Nikstenas

Nikstenas New Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Thank you for your response. Funny thing is my TiVo records and I can watch what was recorded but I just can’t watch the channels live.

5. Nikstenas

Nikstenas New Member

Oct 15, 2019

Advertisements

Thank you for your response, James K. Funny thing is my TiVo records and I can watch what was recorded but I just can’t watch the channels live.