V52 error -- Comcast cable card

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Baby shark, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Baby shark

Baby shark New Member

Dec 1, 2019
    My first post. I have had a tivo series 2 since 2005 but it's hard drive is failing and it was a single tuner model, so I decided to upgrade.

Got a bolt vox at best buy for $169 and have gone through 3 cable cards trying to install it and it still doesn't work. Today, a comcast tech came to the house and tried and failed again, even with telephone tech support from the comcast cable card person.

Problem (all 3 cards had the same problem): no signal, QAM fluctuating from 54 to 256, SNR fluctuating from 9 to 25. It recognized the channels (which it has downloaded from tivo during set-up) but cannot connect. Keep getting the V52 error. It seems to be the same problem described in this post from last year, Bolt Vox stopped working after Comcast tech came out V52 error Per Joe Kuestra in the comments to that post, I ran a channel scan without the card, and it did not detect any channels.

Apps like Netflix, etc. work fine.

It's either the cable card or the Bolt. I'll keep trying but it seems to be Bolt.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Return the Bolt. Buy a new Bolt from TiVo, Amazon or Weeknees (in that order).

I don't have 4k. So I would suggest you buy a basic Roamio. A lot depends on your viewing habits. I also have a Roku and smart TV.

My cable is better than SD, but not by much. I'm old, so 4k would not be cost effective.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  3. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    Keep the cable card and return it for a new one from Best Buy. It's probably a bad unit.