V315 Error

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by bigtreble, Aug 12, 2019.

1. bigtreble

bigtreble Member

Jun 21, 2018
    Anyone else having issues loading apps and getting V315 error? Tech support said it's a documented issue affecting all Roamios. No ETA for a fix. It's been 7 days for me.

FYI This is on a freshly set up refurb Roamio provided by Tivo to fix another issue I was having.

2. rie28

rie28 New Member

May 14, 2017

V315 is only a temporary error. Try connecting to the TiVo Service twice > Manually reboot the device > Connect to TiVo service again.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I just searched the entire TCF and you are the only member to post V315.

4. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    is this part of the bsc/activation issue reported in other threads? i thought i remembered one other poster with a similar, strange v-code error... :confused:

5. bigtreble

bigtreble Member

Jun 21, 2018
    This did not work for me. Tried the sequence 3 times. Hard reboot. Soft reboot. Reset to default with guided setup.
    The first call rep said v315 is an issue with select Roamios and they're working on a fix. The 2nd REP said it was on all Roamios and they will send me an email when resolved. They offered to send me another replacement Roamio but assured me it would not resolve the error. I feel like a sucker for paying a $200 transfer fee to receive a broken refurb. I've been without service for two months now.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  6. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You deserve a gold star for patience. Any chance you can take it to someone with a different ISP and try again. V-type errors are very uncommon. There have been V111 and V112, all network related.

7. bigtreble

bigtreble Member

Jun 21, 2018
    Thanks I have not tried another ISP with this box. That didn't work last time I tried with my old box, and honestly kind of a pain for the other person to disconnect their setup to try mine. And a pain for me too considering my wires are routed behind a wall. Maybe I'll try it again in a few weeks when they are available. It shouldn't be this hard.

8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    All you need is a HDMI cable and a CAT-5 cable. Bring your own. The cable coax isn't needed to run setup.

This is interesting: Tivo Customer Support Community [that's not TCF]

9. bigtreble

bigtreble Member

Jun 21, 2018
    Yes I understand. It is a big inconvenience to go to someone else's house with a ladder to reach their TV inputs. It makes non tech saavy people nervous to tinker with their setup

10. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Too bad you don't live near me. I can walk into my house and connect to a TV & internet within 10 feet of the door. Even my cable modem has two RJ-45 output jacks. I play with my toys a lot.

11. bigtreble

bigtreble Member

Jun 21, 2018
    I wish. Way too much effort to be able to watch broadcast TV lol.

12. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Like my signature says: cable only. I get zero OTA.

13. idontknowhowtotype

idontknowhowtotype New Member

Mar 10, 2018
    I have