V "Mother's Day" 3/15/2011 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Kamakzie, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI

Advertisements

Well great a cliff hanger... :( I guess some people here jumped for joy when clone Lisa offed Tyler! :D

2. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Wow, that is a finale!!! They pulled out all the stops. Killing characters off, more stunt casting, and making the resistance even more of an underdog.

3. Sacrilegium

Sacrilegium that weird guy

Dec 14, 2006
    Ryan died...again. Permanently? Who knows, with this show.

Tyler? Hopefully permanently dead. On the other hand, what a crappy character from beginning to end. No redemption for him at all. A clueless putz even (literally) on his deathbed.

I love how Jack is involved in probably the most high-profile kidnapping case in history and the FBI just lets him go that afternoon. Oh, V. You never disappoint.

Please come back next year! I would miss your horrendous show if it left me.

4. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Tyler's death was awesome. He will not be missed (by me).

The biggest boo boo I saw this episode was after Erica told Tyler on the phone to get off the ship because there are things that she found out about the Vs that she hasn't told him. He hung up on her.

She then tells the 5th column team that she told Tyler "everything" about the Vs. Huh? You didn't tell him anything before he hung up.

Then later Tyler finds Lisa and says that he'd heard (supposedly from his mother?) that the V's look different on the inside. He didn't hear it from his mother since he hung up on her before she could tell him anything like that.

5. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004

Advertisements

Maybe she sent him a text message. :)

6. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    But she clearly has a verizon iPhone which cannot do interstellar texts :)

7. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, it was pretty good. I happened to stumble across the news earlier today about Marc Singer being in this. Yay!

I didn't think Anna would die but didn't see the Lisa copy coming.
    Agreed w/everything above except that it isn't that horrendous in my mind. Amy being able to bliss humans was a bit of a tip of the hat to Elizabeth, the star child in TOS.

I thought it was pretty cruel to have Amy turn against his own father.

8. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    I think she told him, but since we already know there was no need to hear what Erica had to say. So the writers left out that part of the conversation. The only part of the phone call we needed to hear was that she would tell.

9. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, that's not an unusual trope in television...the conversation where the characters say more than we actually hear, since the writers don't want to repeat themselves. It always bugs me, since it's so easy to get around...just have her start talking, and then cut away.

10. Sacrilegium

Dec 14, 2006
    I'd have to watch it again to be sure, but I thought they did cut away in the middle of the Erica/Tyler phone conversation. We didn't see the entire phone call. I could be misremembering.

Forgot to mention this - only on TV would it make sense to fake-kidnap someone, bring them to a darkened room, tie them to a chair, step out of the shadows menacingly...to say "Hey, we're doing the same thing you're doing. Wanna join the Cool Kids Club?"

11. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    Probably not coming back, but there ARE ways to resolve some of the surprises we saw:

Do we know that the Lisa Clone was with Tyler? Clone could have been sent to the dungeon, and the overly aggressive V-hickey was a video stunt.

As to Ryan, Amy's tail snapped his neck, from what I could tell. However, That does not seem to be the way these creatures can be killed, IIRC.

The worldwide bliss part is alarming, true, but I think Amy would be a handful for Anna, perhaps to the point of being unable to control her.

So a quick possible scenario:

5th column V doc helps Lisa switch with Clone Lisa. Lisa and Tyler get to do it, which I think would exhaust me, too. It might even make Tyler a better character, as he finally has something to brag about. They fake Tyler's death.

A broken neck does not kill a V, so Ryan awakes and runs havoc around the ship.

12. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    and poor old Chad gets no love for his summons to the mother ship.

13. stark

stark Member

Dec 31, 2003
    Eden...
    I don't think there was a Lisa switch. We saw Prisoner Lisa's reaction to Tyler's death. The Evil Lisa would have no reason to react that way.

14. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    You may be right. OTOH, The 5th Col Doc knows what will happen if Clone Lisa gets fertilized, so if he did NOT do anything to stop that then what the hell use is he?

Chad is taken to the mother ship, never to be heard of again: he is forced to do anchor duty on CNN.

15. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    Has the 5th column ever had a win? Everything they do seems to help the Vs more.

So the failed plan of the week was they fake kidnap the queen's daughter then count on her to kill her mother? Lisa could have killed her mother more safely in her spare time on the ship rather than going through this complex ruse that makes the 5th column seem even more evil to the ignorant masses?

Why use Chad's voice, at least use a voice they would not know if they were able to unscramble it.

I like that Tyler was killed but I wish he got to see how stupid he was (like Lisa now in the Dungeon). Him dieing with a smile on his face was not satisfying at all.

The worst part is there will be a whole new season I have to watch.

16. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Really?
    The only way I found this episode to be good is that it was an absolute cheesefest of bad decisions and sheer stupidity that culminated in Tyler getting his throat ripped out.

Every single character was an absolute idiot throughout the entire episode.

And the Visitors are absolute sheeple, aren't they?
    They are presented with absolute evidence that their current Queen is a liar and murderess and totally out of control and they just stand there going "Duuuuhhhhh, ok Anna".

I absolutely HATED the "Force" powers that Elizabeth had in the original.
    I thought that they were a cheap cop out.

With the show pulling 1.8 in 18 to 49 last night, it's unlikely to be renewed so I guess the ending is that the Fifth Column lost and Humanity is doomed.
    Good riddance, I say.

(And how was it that Erica was able to run out there and not be affected by Bliss?)

17. Sacrilegium

Dec 14, 2006
    Radiation from the A-bomb blast on the island, I'd wager. Or maybe Charles Widmore had something to do with it.

Furthermore, if you can just cover a V with any skin you like (as they did with Fake Lisa), why not just just make a fake Chad Decker so you'd be sure your media mouthpiece was loyal? Why not make a fake Tyler to live at his Earth home and keep the real one prisoner for your sperm factory, thus avoiding all the delicate dancing around his family issues? And since Fake Lisa took a bunch of Real Lisa's memories, shouldn't she have said, "Hey, by the way, I know who the Fifth Column is and who the traitors on the ship are" and spilled the beans to her mom?

Very very sloppy show, but fun.

18. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I think the activation of the Bliss was over when she came out of the bunker.

19. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I was totally expecting them to pull the old switcheroo with clone Lisa and real Lisa. But when she gave Tyler the V-hickey, and we saw real Lisa's reaction, that cleared up my doubts. Maybe V-doc sterilized clone Lisa first. Or gave Tyler a V-asectomy prior to their booty time.

As a series finale, it was a sloppy episode. As a season finale, I now wanna see what happens next!

20. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Hmmm ... why not just extract sperm from humans and do an artificial insemination or in vitro?

So all the planning by Erica was for naught?

There is a real resemblance between Anna and Lisa. Great casting there. :up: