V 3/1/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cwerdna, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Mar 2, 2011 #1 of 45
    cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA

Advertisements

This ep was a little bit of letdown.

It's interesting that Erica has now gone the slippery slope of being ok w/collateral damage to innocent humans.

I wonder how Lisa is going to explain the whole Rafael bit to Tyler, if ever.

Ugh... the continual use of "fifth column" when referring to human resistance is really starting to bug me. It didn't as much at first, but it really is now.

2. Mar 2, 2011 #2 of 45
    sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    It does strike me though that they are showing episodes leading to a series finale as if they knew it is canceled quite a while ago. They are striking closer and closer to Ann and the opposition from her daughter and her mother are getting more and more effective.

3. Mar 2, 2011 #3 of 45
    cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I really dislike the Evans family.

I chuckled when Diana said that she had secret escape pods installed. The writers had to get Ryan off the ship so they pulled that out of their butts.

I have a feeling that Ryan's daughter will be the new queen when all is said and done.

4. Mar 2, 2011 #4 of 45
    wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    I hope that all is said and done soon.

My wife still insists on watching this, and on Tuesday night, no-less (we usually still have either Castle or Chuck unwatched from Monday night). After last night's episode, though, that might change.

A simple virus to alter a person's DNA so that when said DNA gets integrated into the V's repository it will damage it? Umm, yeah, that's even better than Independence Day.

5. Mar 2, 2011 #5 of 45
    DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV

Advertisements

They almost gained some credibility with me when they were getting ready to do the video conference and one of them said "Hey do you have the secure connection ready", but then the guy running the computer said "Yeah, I had to set this pow-wow up through Facebook" Doh!!

Did they ever explain why they need to poke someone with 100's of needles to extract some DNA?

6. Mar 2, 2011 #6 of 45
    robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Why do they have to do so much CGI when on the space chip? At least keep the floor real and green screen the walls.

During the robbery scene, they had physical contact with the first 2 guards. If the first 2 were wearing bullet proof vests then it would be reasonable for Erica to assume that the third would also be wearing one. It would have been better for the story if she had shot him thinking we would be wearing one, but find out that he wasn't.

How can Ryan so easily hide and move around on an alien space craft when everyone is looking for him?

If I were Rafael I wouldn't ask questions about why Lisa, the daughter of the queen of the alien species, whom I just met was DTF. However afterward I would be thinking either she's super loose, that's how the aliens shake hands, or something else was up.

7. Mar 2, 2011 #7 of 45
    Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    I think Bret Harrison was joking-as in, "Yeah, it's secure-I set it up through FaceBook!:p;)" (Love him, BTW-loved when Mr Aussie said, "You ARE old enough to drink, aren't you?" :D)

BTW Mr Aussie (sorry, don't remember his name) has bigger man-boobs/pec implants than Erica! :p;)

8. Mar 2, 2011 #8 of 45
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The security on the mothership continues to amaze me.

I mean, they're evil aliens out to devour and destroy the human race, and their plan involves having some of their future victims on the ship. You'd think they'd have SOME security! Even we humans are able to have security cameras with real-time facial recognition...you'd think the more-advanced Visitors with a paranoid dictator could at least match us!
    It could be like the second miniseries of the original show, which "ended" with the humans defeating the Visitors, but left it open for an ongoing (and more open) conflict. It could be the end of the story, or just the end of this phase of the story.

9. Mar 2, 2011 #9 of 45
    Sacrilegium

Sacrilegium that weird guy

Dec 14, 2006
    I was wondering this myself. Why not just set up V Barber Shops everywhere and keep the hair?

And I had to laugh at Tyler walking in on Lisa kissing the guy and then the issue is just dropped. He never asked her what she was doing making out with another guy. Just gets physical on the guy until his eyes burst and then the subject is changed.

I'm almost looking forward to the horrible writing in each episode now.

10. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    She just said, "There are things I have to do which you may not understand".
    To which Tyler said, "Duuuhh okay. Oooh shiny buttons".

I know!
    Wasn't that convenient?

Maybe but another twist they could throw at us is that Diana isn't really an ally of the humans like they've implied that she is.

11. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I almost get the feeling that they (the writers) just don't know what DNA is...that they think DNA is something that we have in us that can be removed, and if you have my DNA in a test tube, I no longer have it in my body.
    Oh, I think that's a given. Considering the sinister looks she keeps giving as the camera lingers on her at the end of her scenes...

12. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Cynical old guy

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    "My what knockers!"

13. wprager

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    Oh, you mean like how Anna thinks about the soul?

14. wprager

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    Which set? They were both impressive.

15. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Except DNA exists. :D

16. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Are posts missing? I'd swear there were more posts about Erica and her boobs.

17. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Grow up.

18. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    What the hell is that about? I thought I remembered there being more posts on that subject and how people have liked her from Lost and before yesterday.

19. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
  20. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    That doesn't bother me nearly as much as the V referring to themselves as "visitors"---even in private. Shouldn't they be using their own term for their species?