Using Velop Wireless Nodes with TiVo Mini

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by NCRobino, Dec 18, 2018.

Does anyone use a wireless node with an Ethernet cable to that node for their mini with success?

1. Yes (please tell me how)

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No but you tried and it doesn’t work

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NCRobino

NCRobino Member

Jul 6, 2005

Advertisements

Hello all,

So after many years of issues I’ve given up on MoCa for my Minis. I have one TiVo Roamio and 3 minis.

I got a Linksys Velop mesh node system and it works great now that I’ve eliminated the MoCa components. I get a solid 180mbs on each node.

I’ve seen people have success hard wiring via Ethernet cable to these wirelessly connected nodes.

I did this with complete success for about 2 weeks, all minis worked great no errors. Suddenly, all 3 minis began intermittently losing connection to the main TiVo. If I reboot or initiate connections I do regain the connection and can stream again from the minis.

The only thing that might have changed is a firmware update to the Velop or Tivos but I can’t confirm this as I don’t know what they were on. I’ve turned off auto update on Velop in the meantime.

I’ve cqlled TiVo and all they can say is that you must hard wire and that’s that. I don’t really have this option and I know people have success using the node with Ethernet cable system.

My question is, does anyone have any insight within the Velop router setup or TiVo setup that would help stabilize the connection to the main TiVo from the minis?

Thanks for any help!

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Are there different models and if so which one do you have? Also does it support IGMP snooping and if so make sure that it's turned off?

Scott

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    MoCA could perhaps have benefited from a post/thread in the space between 2012 and the creation of this thread, nez pah?

fcfc2 likes this.